Sway bar links and mounts

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Sway bar links and mounts

Postby Jaz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:20 am

I'm upgrading the rear bar soon, just interested in what people are using in terms of endlinks and mounts, with which bar.
Jaz

Car: 07 GT-B sedan

Re: Sway bar links and mounts

Postby hamish_023 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:37 am

rear mount is a must. I have cusco but sure whitline would be same.
Front links are good option as well.
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Jaz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:12 pm

hamish_023 wrote:rear mount is a must. I have cusco but sure whitline would be same.

There isn't a part number for HD mounts for a BL/BP sway bar on the whiteline catalogue, thus the reason I asked. Bushes yes, mounts no.
Jaz

Car: 07 GT-B sedan

Postby t.renshaw34 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Whiteline did not make HD sway bar mounts for the gen 4, I was in the same boat as you when doing sway bars :). After speaking to whiteline they said from their R and D that the factory mounts are strong enough for their sway bars.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby tkboi » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 pm

if you want HD rear mounts. phatgt sells the cusco one (send him a email) and you can get the AVO HD rear mounts as well from the AVO website
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby kiks » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Stock rear links will snap if you run semi slicks on a track. No tyre short of that should snap them excepting a pothole hit or something else out of the ordinary.

The mounting location however will snap. AVO sell a bolt on bracket. This is a must.

A broken rear sway bar link is no big issue at all, bar will just sit there snug in the shackles until its fixed and you wont notice much of a difference day to day.
A snapped mounting hanger however is a prick to realign. I bought the AVO mounts and used them as a jig on the subframe bolt to move the entire swaybar rearward with new mounts for a greater range of adjustment. Win win. Theyre a good piece of steel for the price and well worth it with any upgraded swaybar in a gen4.

Whiteline do sell HD links, I have a set. Speak to Stephen, from memory theyre just the GR sti adjustable ones but double check.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Postby hamish_023 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I broke my stock rear mount, running upgrade sway bar not on the track. They are very thin mounts compared to the foz's and impreza's I have seen.

HD cusco now sits over the rewelded mount and is much stronger
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby kiks » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:26 pm

kiks wrote:The mounting location however will snap. AVO sell a bolt on bracket. This is a must.

I thought I made that clear.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Postby specwarop » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 am

So for a 2006 Spec B, the standard mounts are fine according to Whiteline, may as well keep them and save $150?
specwarop

Car: Liberty

Postby alessandro132 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 am

specwarop wrote:So for a 2006 Spec B, the standard mounts are fine according to Whiteline, may as well keep them and save $150?

If you have a stiffer bar then don't bother with stock mounts for all the reasons above....go AVO.
TEAM TOYOTA | TEAM HKS

Cusco, HPI, HKS, and a few other bits...
alessandro132
-stickered-

Car: 2000 JZX100 Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16914

Postby Bond » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 pm

kiks wrote:Stock rear links will snap if you run semi slicks on a track. No tyre short of that should snap them excepting a pothole hit or something else out of the ordinary.

The mounting location however will snap. AVO sell a bolt on bracket. This is a must.

A broken rear sway bar link is no big issue at all, bar will just sit there snug in the shackles until its fixed and you wont notice much of a difference day to day.
A snapped mounting hanger however is a prick to realign. I bought the AVO mounts and used them as a jig on the subframe bolt to move the entire swaybar rearward with new mounts for a greater range of adjustment. Win win. Theyre a good piece of steel for the price and well worth it with any upgraded swaybar in a gen4.

Whiteline do sell HD links, I have a set. Speak to Stephen, from memory theyre just the GR sti adjustable ones but double check.

great idea re: repositioning the mounts. find any improvement?
Bond

Car: MY05 Liberty Wagon

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.