Page 1 of 1

Tyre Pressure

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:10 pm
by ncmx5
Coming out of an mx-5, tyre pressures always played important role in under/over steering. What does everyone recommend/use?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:05 pm
by tangcla
I'm on 40psi.

Hankook Z212

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:29 pm
by viriix
I think I have mine set to 34 these days.. can't remember.. lol

I haven't really noticed that much difference on the liberty in terms of tyre pressure. I know when I drove the FWD cars like Honda etc you could really noticeably tell the difference from 30, incrementing up to 40.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:54 pm
by EXPLICIT
36 - 40 depending on the weather.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:21 pm
by gt_dicko
Generally 40 psi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:16 am
by WhiteGTB
I got 18's and when I run 40psi, the ride is just abit too harsh for my liking... so I drop them down to 36psi.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:23 am
by Ric
36 for me.

Tyre pressure has a much greater effect on the "feel" of a FWD car than on an AWD.
With our low profile tyres, you can have quite low pressue, and not notice much difference until you really push them.