tirerack.com

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: tirerack.com

Postby imania » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 pm

I heard the same from a friend who got in just before the policy came out, means tire rack is effectively useless for tyres, still ok for wheels though
imania

Car: 2007 Liberty GT Tuned by STi

Postby Bezzza » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Same restrictions apply to some shoes available on eastbay.com.

Goes to show the extreme mark ups some companies put on there goods in aus!!!
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby blacktop™ » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 pm

If there's big savings to be had, you could use a mail forwarding company and still come out in front.

Mail forwarding company's often get good discounts on shipping (because they ship SO much) that it can offset the fees you pay them for their service.
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

tirerack.com

Postby Bassman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 pm

^ http://www.shipito.com
= we use that a lot for music gear.

Occasionally there's a glitch when you use an Aussie credit card and send to a US address, but using PayPal gets around that easily..... anybody tried them with Tyres yet?
Bassman

Car: 2001 MY02 Liberty RX Wagon - Silver

Postby rooby » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm

mitchy_bobby wrote:I emailed about some tyres and gothis reply
Recent rules governing shipments allowed by the manufacturers have policies in place restricting products being exported into Australia.

BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Michelin, Firestone, General, Pirelli, and Yokohama have all recently placed export restrictions on their products and will no longer allow us to ship into Australia and other European nations. This is a recent policy change and we are continuing to work through the details. Other manufacturers are considering similar positions and may draw up policies of their own banning any shipments outside of the US, Canada and Mexico.

I am upset to report this as you and many other international clients have been very loyal to The Tire Rack. Please understand, this is a manufacturer's policy of which we have to abide.

Not seeing Goodyear there so technically I could still buy the cheap eagle f1 asymmetric 2 for < $700 plus shipping.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby Nalnoc » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:09 pm

rooby wrote:Not seeing Goodyear there so technically I could still buy the cheap eagle f1 asymmetric 2 for < $700 plus shipping.

I recently inquired about these and got a quote back for $1058.07 US delivered. Size was 225/40R18

Not bad considering I was quoted $385 a corner from a Goodyear dealer :?
Nalnoc

Car: EJ257'd MY05 GT

Postby mitchy_bobby » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 pm

If you want to buy the "banned brands" from tirerack still because they have great prices, there are still ways, like using a us parcel forwarding service (only some will ship tyres) , adds like 5-10% depending but is still signifigantly cheaper.
mitchy_bobby

Car: MY02 Heritage & MY08 GT Spec B

Postby lelandolson » Thu May 21, 2020 11:57 am

I know this is an old but customs duty is usually calculated as based on the value of the imported goods. Depending on the product, the import duty rate can be anywhere from 0% to 10%, however the majority of goods attract a 5% duty rate. The import duty is determined by the classification of goods in the customs tariff and if i were you i'd look for a broker like ACC customs clearance agents in Sydney to help me for my imported goods.
lelandolson

Car: subaru

Previous

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.