Page 1 of 1

New Tyres and Wheel Alignment

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:49 pm
by jeffas4966
Hey All,
Just changed from the OEM BP050A to Yokohama Advan Sport V103. First impressions are promising but time will tell.

Had a wheel alignment done at Wheels World in Oz Park (tyres done there also), must say they were very good and actually asked what sort of driving I did and how I drove the car. Consequently I now have a bit more camber on the front now HEHE.

Cheers

Jeffas

Re: New Tyres and Wheel Alignment

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:29 pm
by Dropz
Did they suggest when you rotate tyres to rotate them on the rim because the tyres will now wear more on the inner edge decreasing tyre life.

Re: New Tyres and Wheel Alignment

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:26 pm
by smythie
If you have zero toe you won't wear the inside edge of your tyres with stock suspension even with the front maxed out for camber.

Jeffas, I found the V103's to be pretty darn good for their price. They got pretty loud after about 15,000km (when the tyres wore past the cross cuts in the tread)