squatting

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Postby SpecB » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:01 pm

MY08GT-B wrote:
SpecB wrote:The rear does sit lower. When I went to put chains on at the snow this year (it's a whole other story) I thought the front was hard to get them on but the back was impossible when I tried. So I can tell you by experience it's lower at the back.

G

Why did you try and put chains on the rear?

Well I tried putting them on the front and it was a little hard so I thought I'd see if the rear was any easier - nope!

They only just fit the front. You have to move them around a bit or they rub on the struts (and I got the ones with the smallest gap).

Being in the ski industry it could be the reason I go back to an Outback. If we have a massive season the SpecB won't handle it in the Vic resorts particulary in and around the Buller Village (just waiting for smarta$$es to say how easy Buller is to drive around now). I couldn't do a standard Lib. Maybe even go a H3 when they come out in V8 or a Mazda CX-7 or 9.

G
SpecB

Car: MY06 AT Spec B Wagon

Postby suff » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:57 pm

Hummer H3 V8 from a Liberty GTB.. that would be one hell of a difference!
Daily : BMW E90 335i Sedan
Chasing 320RWHP ... FOUND (341RWHP) + Semi Slicks
Coming - APR FMIC, APR DP & Quaiffe Diff (finally)
suff

Car: E90 335i sedan

Postby Ric » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:00 pm

Have you got standard wheels?
My chains seemed to fit fine, although I haven't had to drive on them yet.

(I assume you're aware that AWD cars are meant to put them on the front if you're only fitting two.)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby SpecB » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:56 am

suff wrote:Hummer H3 V8 from a Liberty GTB.. that would be one hell of a difference!

Yeah I know! I've been a fan of the Hummer for years though. I drove the oneout here atm and it was way too under powered. I don't know how I'd go with everyday driving the Hummer. Be a better road rage vehicle I know that but obviously isn't as sharp on the road.

G
SpecB

Postby SpecB » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:02 am

Hey Ric, yeah got standard wheels. I put them on extremely methodically but when driving still had a little rubbing on the struts. Have a go at driving for a few hundred metres with them on. Pretty embarrassing driving round Buller village with them on. I went looking for new cars as soon as I got back.

And yeah I know they're meant to go on the front and that's where they were.

G
SpecB

Previous

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.