Page 1 of 2

19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 am
by Jed3.0rb
Okay so the time has come where I am going to need to get new tyres, but I figure if i get new tyres i may as well get new wheels. rather than decide I want my wheels in two weeks and then have to get both wheels and tyres after just purchasing tyres. haha
so 19's vs. 18's
pros and cons of each????
feel free to suggest any well priced wheels or tyres for that matter.
I'm looking for a black/gunmetal/charcoal 10+ spoke wheel similar to the sti's or 151c's :)
but my budget is not big enough for either of those yet

cheers guys

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:57 am
by garbo41610
Good tyres for 18's would be much easier to come by than 19's I would imagine... Which sucks for me and my GenV LMAO

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:03 pm
by coyote
....

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:04 pm
by Jed3.0rb
yeah sometimes i look at libs with 18's and think oh nice. other times its like... needs a bit more filling
and i know that if i get coilovers and drop the car a bit it'll probs look pretty sick with 18's on it. but coilovers are a little ways off yet i think :(

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 pm
by Jed3.0rb
yeah 19's seem to be a fair bit more exxy.
but look good

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 pm
by hamish_023
19's look out of place if the car isn't lowered IMO.

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:07 pm
by Jed3.0rb
oh thats another point, i dunno if i have seen a lib with 19's that isnt lowered :?
i'm leaning towards 18's at the moment.
if only i could afford genuin sti ones (the 8 inch wide ones)
but they didnt even come in charcoal or gunmetal did they?

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:31 pm
by Rome_BRZ
Jed3.0rb wrote:oh thats another point, i dunno if i have seen a lib with 19's that isnt lowered :?
i'm leaning towards 18's at the moment.
if only i could afford genuin sti ones (the 8 inch wide ones)
but they didnt even come in charcoal or gunmetal did they?


Yes they came in both.

And you could try Rota Gravels instead, they are STI replicas. There is a forum member with a special on these in this forum if you look in the vendors section in for sale. Might be a little more in your price range!

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:35 pm
by Nottage969
I have the same question for my Gen 3 since my tax return is in the mail! :P I think i'll end up going the 18's though just because i think 19's might look a little funny.. :| Especially until i get some decent springs in it.

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 pm
by Jed3.0rb
if only i could afford advan 151c's
and a seit of tein flex's
but life is not so, so i think it's probs cheaper to go with 18's

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:47 pm
by Gambit
If your on a budget you cant go wrong with Rota Gravels in 18's and some nice tyres to go along side, you wont break the bank either, then think about getting some Tein springs to drop it slightly to match it all up.

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:02 pm
by Nottage969
Gambit wrote:If your on a budget you cant go wrong with Rota Gravels in 18's and some nice tyres to go along side, you wont break the bank either, then think about getting some Tein springs to drop it slightly to match it all up.


Thanks for the advice mate, I'll be sure to be looking long and hard into the springs side of things when that time comes! :D

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 pm
by Doyab
Have a look at the ultrex wheels. I think they are quite nice.

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:36 pm
by cruisn
Jed3.0rb wrote:oh thats another point, i dunno if i have seen a lib with 19's that isnt lowered :?
i'm leaning towards 18's at the moment.
if only i could afford genuin sti ones (the 8 inch wide ones)
but they didnt even come in charcoal or gunmetal did they?


I bought some 18 x 8 STi yesterday. :D

In the hyper silver. Dont know if the 8's came in charcoal however.

Re: 19's or 18's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:47 pm
by Jed3.0rb
Thanks everyone.
I think I'm gonna go forth rota gravels in 18's
And get sone sti wheels caps. Just to trick everyone ;)
Hahahahaha
Then I'll begin saving for some twin coilovers :)