Page 1 of 1

Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:13 am
by THERB3
Hey guys I am hearing a light noise coming through my rear suspension. It sounds like a croak noise and it's not a frog lol.
I even bounce the when stationary and it's diffidently there on both rear sides. I hope it's not the suspension and maybe like bushes or something.
I am running tein flex has anyone experienced anything like this.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 am
by drndrn
Bounce? As in when you come to a stop the car continues to rock? From what I've read, that's a common issue when your shocks are gone and need a rebuild.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 am
by Kekotic
Removed.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:02 pm
by THERB3
chaotic2050 wrote:I think he meant he bounces the car when it's stationary and he can hear the noise still.


Correct it's still firm and functionally but still that noise only on the rear drivers side.

Haven't had my tein that long under a year and only 9,000km

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:20 pm
by teK--
Easiest way to locate noise is get car up on ramps or lift and then someone under the car and then inside the boot to isolate noise whilst you bounce your weight on the car.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 pm
by THERB3
Took the real wheel off and had a look, played around with the suspension by moving it up and down.

Couldnt identify anything replace my wheel and surprisely no noise. Will monitor this carefully

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:55 pm
by Kekotic
Removed.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:10 pm
by THERB3
I just noticed it yesterday arvo and it has been raining a little a few day before.
Today though no rain.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm
by 3rspecb
Do you have whiteline swaybars ? maybe the bushes need to be re-greased..

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:42 pm
by sheppo9
+1 to the re-grease.

Also check the strut top nut's - both the ones that hold the top the the body, and the one that hold the shaft in the top.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:51 pm
by THERB3
I have standard sway bars.

I have taken the car out for a 10km spin, parked her at my staff car park and there is no noise. Beats me what it was, maybe the removal of the tyre was the trick.

I will monitor over the next few days.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm
by Kekotic
Removed.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:49 pm
by Dropz
You can check all strut bolts in car. You need to remove the side boot linings, and from memory the backrest of the rear seat to access them though. Should be 17mm for the shocker shaft nut and 14mm's for the strut to body nuts.

Also just incase I would use something like CRC or WD40 around all the suspension bushes so they are all lubricated. I like to do it every now and then on my cars to keep them quiet. :)

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:02 am
by 3rspecb
Dropz wrote:You can check all strut bolts in car. You need to remove the side boot linings, and from memory the backrest of the rear seat to access them though. Should be 17mm for the shocker shaft nut and 14mm's for the strut to body nuts.
Also just incase I would use something like CRC or WD40 around all the suspension bushes so they are all lubricated. I like to do it every now and then on my cars to keep them quiet. :)


On Gen IV, the rear shockers bolt up to the rear floor :D . No need to remove the rear seat backrest.

Re: Rear suspension noise

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:37 am
by Dropz
Yeah I wasn't 100% sure. Been over a year lol.