Page 1 of 1

B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 pm
by Jaz
Has anyone seen anything in the above style in a 5x100?

I did a search and didn't find a lot available locally.Preferably less than $400 a wheel if possible.

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:17 pm
by Jaz
btw they look like this:
Image

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:26 pm
by Jaz
I found some Rays wheels which will fit the bill beautifully, unfortunately, they're well over $700 a wheel.

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 am
by drndrn
What model Rays are they?

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:54 am
by Jaz
They're similar, not the same. Arthur exchnge X603. Similar spoke design with a prominent lip.

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:57 am
by kiks
http://www.prodrive-japan.com/products/gc_014i/

Dont settle for anything less. Gallery, click the legacies.

Only thing that suits a BL/BP aside from GC06H's imho.

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:22 pm
by Jaz
kiks wrote:http://www.prodrive-japan.com/products/gc_014i/

Dont settle for anything less. Gallery, click the legacies.

Only thing that suits a BL/BP aside from GC06H's imho.


I like them. Might struggle for budget for them though.


[Edit] I've found an OEM set 18x8, +43 here that would need redrilling. Thoughts on that practice?

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:14 pm
by Jaz
I did a quick chop job.

I reckon they go ok.

Image

Now to get fitment working.

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm
by kiks
Surely redrilling a shitty mass produced rim is a stupid idea. No aesthetic is worth doing that except trailer queen cars. Nice photoshop, would you mind doing one for me quickly with a set of rims if I provide plenty of decent pics to choose from and a decent shot of my shitbox?

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:13 pm
by Jaz
kiks wrote:Surely redrilling a shitty mass produced rim is a stupid idea. No aesthetic is worth doing that except trailer queen cars. Nice photoshop, would you mind doing one for me quickly with a set of rims if I provide plenty of decent pics to choose from and a decent shot of my shitbox?


I don't profess to know all of the engineerring side of things, thus the questions.

No worries with chops. Happy to. I'll get onto that tomorrow. PM me the photos. Footy and drinks tonight.

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:09 pm
by swingn
When it comes to rims, you get what you pay for... If your picking up a brand new set of rims (Especially if they are a knock off of another rim) for under $1500.00 (18 inch) there is a reason for it.

HKS180 posted up an interesting video not long ago from Weds which shows the difference between the genuine product vs. a knock off... It's a real eye opener.

Re: B7 RS4 looking rims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:26 pm
by Jaz
swingn wrote:When it comes to rims, you get what you pay for... If your picking up a brand new set of rims (Especially if they are a knock off of another rim) for under $1500.00 (18 inch) there is a reason for it.

HKS180 posted up an interesting video not long ago from Weds which shows the difference between the genuine product vs. a knock off... It's a real eye opener.


Yes I remember watching the vid from weds. Thus the reason for looking for a brand name similar version as opposed to a copy particularly.

[edit] aren't Speedy Fins less than $1500 online? :) ha