Page 1 of 1

Any users of Kuhmo KU38's

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:40 pm
by MH3.0R
Looking for quick feedback in Kuhmo KU38 tyres. I am looking for comment on wet grip, dry grip, road noise and durability.

My other option is Kuhmo KU31. Any comments on these is also welcome.

Re: Any users of Kuhmo KU38's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:37 pm
by Q
MH3.0R wrote:Looking for quick feedback in Kuhmo KU38 tyres. I am looking for comment on wet grip, dry grip, road noise and durability.

My other option is Kuhmo KU31. Any comments on these is also welcome.

I used the KU31 in 215 45/17 for a few months and they did an ok job. Middle of the road tyre with average everything really. Forgetting about price, I'd rate it a 6/10 overall.

For info I rate the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 a 9/10 for a road tyre in this size.

Re: Any users of Kuhmo KU38's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 pm
by Sentinel
Mark - I can comment on the KU31's as I had them on mine and I also had them on a previous car.

They are pretty good in the dry and offer a fair bit of feedback, but tyre roar was a little higher than I anticipated. Having said that though, I changed the suspension at exactly the same time so in fairness the ride did firm up too, and I went from an 18 to 19. So compliance in the side wall was compromised. They don't squirm at all and they lasted me a pretty long time too (can't remember how many km's) but the main reason I had to change out of them was because of the camber. Agree with Q - good allrounder.

Cant really comment on the wet performance though as I never 'pushed' the car in those conditions.

Till Sat mate... :wink:

Re: Any users of Kuhmo KU38's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:09 pm
by MH3.0R
Thanks guys for the feedback.

I think for the moment I will try the KU-31 as any change to the package price just pushes the deal out of my budget. I also learned that they do not have the KU-38 in stock in that size needed (225x35x19) and the alternative is the KU-39 which added another 70 per corner. They may be a better tyre for performance, but being softer, I would not get the economy that I am after for a daily drive.

So, I will stick with the KU-31 at 225x35x19, and remain within my budget....and married! :lol:

Re: Any users of Kuhmo KU38's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:54 am
by sooobi
I had KU31 and was surprised at the performance and longevity.. great in the dry, very good in the wet and lasted and lasted.. road noise was as you would expect looking at the tread no more no less..

Overall an excellent tyre for the price.