Page 1 of 1

Bilstein shocks rebuild?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:07 am
by eddiewould
Hey, my 2004 MY05 sedan has done just under 100,000km. The dealer suggested that I should get the shocks rebuilt (regassed?). Has anyone had any experience doing this? Recommendations?

Bilstein shocks rebuild?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 am
by RJ_
Mine are almost at 100k and are fine. Get your local Pedders place to test them on their drive on shock tester.

Re: Bilstein shocks rebuild?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 am
by hamish_023
Or go a full replacement shock $550.

viewtopic.php?t=9444

Re: Bilstein shocks rebuild?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 am
by hamish_023
Or go a full replacement shock $550.

viewtopic.php?t=9444

Re: Bilstein shocks rebuild?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 am
by teK--
I'd agree 100K is due for a rebuild or replacement. They may feel OK but would feel vastly tired compared to brand new ones; it depends how in tune you are with your car.

Buy new ones as per Hamish' link, or get them rebuilt by your local Bilstein service agent.

Re: Bilstein shocks rebuild?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:52 pm
by RJ_
hamish_023 wrote:Or go a full replacement shock $550.

viewtopic.php?t=9444


I belive the damping is different between yours and and the $550 specials.

Re: Bilstein shocks rebuild?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:16 pm
by 3rspecb
eddiewould wrote:Hey, my 2004 MY05 sedan has done just under 100,000km. The dealer suggested that I should get the shocks rebuilt (regassed?). Has anyone had any experience doing this? Recommendations?


If your in Melbourne, contact Quadrant suspension, from memory I was quoted $125 each to get revalved, that price was for me to supply them with the shocks.

I believe Heasmen (not sure on spelling) in Sydney are authorised Bilstein agents.