H & R Springs

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

H & R Springs

Postby paulie3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Heyy guys,

ive got some billies going in tomorro night, and i made a last minute decision to buy some better springs,
the only ones i could get sourced in such a small amount of time was the H & R's.

Adam at Tuspeed (melbourne) swears buy them, does anyone on here have them ??

how are they in comparision to the S.Techs??
paulie3

Car: 2004 liberty 2.5i

Re: H & R Springs

Postby 04GTLIB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Paulie.
I've had H&R's in our wagon for just over a year now and I love them.
They're not too low and the ride quality is great, although the 20's I have fitted can tend to make it a little rough. :mrgreen:
I have them coupled with Koni's which I think would be pretty much comparable to the Bilstein's.
As for how they compare to the S-Techs, I can't say as I've never run a set of Tein springs.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how they ride/perform.
Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby brainy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 pm

I had H&R springs on my previous car (not a liberty) and they were awesome.

Anyone have them for the Liberty, i'd be curious to know how much they lower the car.

Brian
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby paulie3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:16 am

heyy guys, thanks for the replies

springs went in last week and they handle excellently, but they sit really high on my car,
it looks pretty close to how it was standard which is unfortunate.

i cant imagine these being any better than the tein's even though there around $150 more.
paulie3

Postby teK-- » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:33 pm

paulie3 wrote:heyy guys, thanks for the replies

springs went in last week and they handle excellently, but they sit really high on my car,
it looks pretty close to how it was standard which is unfortunate.

i cant imagine these being any better than the tein's even though there around $150 more.

Someone else here fitted H&R and found the same thing; there was no drop in ride height at all. I think this situation is unique to the 2.5i since it's such a light car.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby paulie3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:21 pm

i had a set of pedders on my standard struts and it sat about 2 inches lower, H and R say they have a 30mm drop from standard.....which they dont
paulie3

Postby teK-- » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Perhaps 30mm drop on their reference vehicle. You don't know what Liberty they used for their development. It could have been a 3L auto which is much heavier than a 2.5i
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby mihai » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 am

I think I am the person that Jim is talking about with the H&R's. I had them fitted and didn't seen any noticeable drop in height. Don't know the exact reason, but after I got my springs installed, I phoned up one of the H&R suppliers and found out that the springs I bought off a guy on eBay (who bought them from Tuspeed) were the springs for the USDM Legacy. Not the AUDM Liberty.

The part number for my springs is 54425.

The correct part number for the AUDM Liberty is either 29165-1 or 29167-1.

Can't speak about Tuspeed directly, but I think they may be getting the wrong springs for the Liberty, when I called them up, the quoted me the USDM part number.
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Postby brainy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Interesting...

I used these guys last time who are in Berwick and I highly recommend them.

http://www.quadrantsuspensions.com.au/

They are a H&R and Bilstein partner.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby mihai » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:12 am

brainy wrote:Interesting...

I used these guys last time who are in Berwick and I highly recommend them.

http://www.quadrantsuspensions.com.au/

They are a H&R and Bilstein partner.

Quadrant Suspension do quote the right part number in regards to the AUDM Liberty. They are the main distributor for H&R in Melbourne. When I called them up, they quoted me a different number than what I had sitting on the floor next to me, and when I told them of my part number they informed me that it was actually the US variant.
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Postby tuspeed » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:12 am

mihai wrote:I think I am the person that Jim is talking about with the H&R's. I had them fitted and didn't seen any noticeable drop in height. Don't know the exact reason, but after I got my springs installed, I phoned up one of the H&R suppliers and found out that the springs I bought off a guy on eBay (who bought them from Tuspeed) were the springs for the USDM Legacy. Not the AUDM Liberty.

The part number for my springs is 54425.

The correct part number for the AUDM Liberty is either 29165-1 or 29167-1.

Can't speak about Tuspeed directly, but I think they may be getting the wrong springs for the Liberty, when I called them up, the quoted me the USDM part number.

Sorry to bring a post back from the dead but I actually had someone link me to this thread regarding H&R springs and I felt it important to post a reply.

I'm not sure who you bought your springs from but we at Tuspeed have never sold or imported USDM market H&R springs, and in fact we've only ever sold a handful to suit the Liberties. All the Euro spec springs for Subaru's start with a 29*** part number and that is all we have ever sold here. I'm not sure who you talked to Mihai but nobody here would have quoted you a 544** part number - this is totally incorrect. Possibly you were talking with another company who does grey market H&R's, but it definitely wouldn't have been us. We deal directly with Quadrant who are the only Australian distributor for H&R springs in Australia - and Jim, David, Trent and Sally down there will be happy to confirm that as well (they might even point you in our direction ;) )

Regarding the height drop with H&R's, we've actually found that they don't seem to drop as much as the stated 35mm. I believe possibly our local cars actually have a lower ride height to the European and US Libs (Legacy's) much the same as the early GC WRX's sat lower here than the rest of the world.
tuspeed

Car: MY98 WRX

Postby JKeep2.5i » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:27 pm

but not low enough :P
MY04 Liberty 2.5i wagon 5MT[Team White]P plates
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Car: MY04 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14989

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 pm

h&r 29165-1 any experience with these here?
Ill give Quadrant a call about these as the website and catalogue info is vague.
They're lowering springs yet designated as raising springs at +35mm.
I have a set to sell on behalf of a friend.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Alkem1st » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:25 am

OK, definitely pulling this thread out from the dead but I'm currently leaning towards the H&R springs, just concerned about some of the info I'm picking up.

My local supplier confirmed the part number I gave (544something...) is the USDM code but they reckon the rer struts need machining or they only drop the rear ~10mm. This scares me a bit as I just want a straight swap...

How did you go Benny (if you can remember hahaha)...
Alkem1st

Car: MY07 Liberty GT SpecB
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20099

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:01 pm

The part number immediately above is for H&R raising springs :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Next

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.