Page 1 of 1

STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:15 am
by THERB3
I know this has been covered before but would these black STI brembo calipers fit our liberty's ?

Are the the same as the gold brembo's but rebadge ?

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:01 pm
by THERB3
Hi Guys if there is anyone out I need a quick answer. I just purchase a set of front and rear Black STI brembo's with pins and pads for $1,150.
They only have travelled 7,000km and they are off a 2009 STI model WRX.
I was wondering if these will fit.

Thx.

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:30 pm
by Kekotic
If you have already purchased them......why not just see if they fit.
Why did you buy them without knowing beforehand?

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:37 pm
by THERB3
When I say purchase them, I mean I am about to transfer the funds. Is that much clear for you Kieran ?

Now do you know if they would fit ? :)

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:45 pm
by senator
Front should bolt straight on, rear might need some extra parts…….. Ask Phat I think has done a very similar thing to another members car and he can even supply the parts.... :D

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:46 pm
by drndrn
The bolt on directly but you'll obviously need 5x100 rotors. Well thats what I was told by PHAT when I was looking at a set.

The rears however will not fit on.

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:00 pm
by THERB3
Just rang Phat and correct fronts will fit straight on but rears will not.

Upset bad.................. :(

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:25 pm
by Arith
Ahh, the impulse buy. :D

Meh, so the rear won't fit. Just fit the front, sell the rears, and get a set for the rears that do fit. Hopefully it won't set you back too much. Good luck!

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:17 pm
by Greenman
senator wrote:Front should bolt straight on, rear might need some extra parts

Assuming the current set up is the same on a Forester (both 5/100 stud pcd) a friend in sydney made up his own dogbones to fit later Brembos to his late model Forester.
They would bolt up but sit the calipers 14mm to high so Steve made a template & a friend of his lazer cut them out and did a bit of machine work to the rear disc.
I can get you in touch with him if you like Hazza.

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:46 pm
by tangcla
THERB3 wrote:Just rang Phat and correct fronts will fit straight on but rears will not.

Upset bad.................. :(

Find out if they're the same calipers as the 02-06 WRX STi - if so, they will require custom dogbones and either a different rotor, or different handbrake shoe.

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 pm
by ez30rb
Rears won't fit. I ended up purchasing some 04 rear brembo calipers off Ebay US . got them for a steal for about $450AUD delivered. Had them custom sprayed gloss black and sti stickers made up to suit. Very happy.

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:15 pm
by PHAT GT
the fronts will fit 100%

the rears will not fit a gen 4 liberty as no one i know of has made adaptors yet and believe me i have looked everwhere, but can be made to fit the gen5 liberty

the rears will fit a late model forester as they use almost the same rear hubs as the later model WRX/STI including the gen5 liberty as i can buy dog bones to make this work

so you guys just adding to you post count with useless replys stop wasting peoples time with maybe information as the guy asked if they will fit...simple YES or NO

the PCD has nothing to do with the calipers fitting


having a bad day
Michael

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:48 am
by Greenman
So I guess if you have access to a machine shop or friends that can fabricate, laser cut etc you can make anything fit.
Not everything is a direct bolt on as in this case. I'd be interested to see if they can be done.... For my future plans
I Have made some calls on getting some "fabrications" made for you and me Hazza because there are a lot more people doing your modification now . It's becoming really popular lately, and it's no brainer to see the demand for this in the future.
I hope that helps.

Re: STI brembo calipers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:51 am
by THERB3
Hey John thanks for the offer.

I think I am going to let these slip as I contacted the seller already and passed on the offer. I will kick myself later cause for $1,150 is a good deal.

I will be looking now for a gold set somewhere but I think I wont find them as cheap as these black ones.

My eyes will be open.