Wheel Fitment on GEN3

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Wheel Fitment on GEN3

Postby Josh2.5 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:27 am

Hey Guys

Basically I have been waiting to start working on my Liberty because I'm trying to get it paid off as quickly as possible.

Basically car should be paid off in about a month and I am starting to look a bit harder into my wheel choices. At the moment I'm thinking a set of Buddy Club P1 Racing SF in the limited matte finish.

Basically just wondering if anyone knows how ill go fitting 18*7.5 wheels (48 offset) under the guards of the Gen3s. Ive heard from people that ill have trouble getting these wheels under the guards without some massaging of the guards which isn't something I really want to have to do. If so ill just go the 17s but Id love to be able to try get 18s in there without much hassle. So yeah does anyone know if this is true?

Also is there anyone here that has had experience with adjustable coilovers for Gen3s and if so what can you recommend.

Thanks a lot guys

Josh
Josh2.5

Postby [j] » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:20 pm

Hey,

Head over to www.ozliberty.com - Join up and speak with a member by the name of HIRISK

He's got a set of 18" Charcoal Buddy Club's on his Black B4, so he'll be able to give you the ins and outs on how they fit, scrub and everything else.

Hope that helps

Jonno
[j]

Postby Josh2.5 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 pm

Awesome! Thanks heaps for that mate. I'm actually a member there already but don't go there all that often.

They are the exact wheel I'm after in the exact fitment so looks like ill be going 18s.

For anyone wondering this is the B4 with the wheels I'm after. Only difference is I will be going the Matte black, they are the gunmetal I'm fairly sure.

Now to start saving!

Cheers

Josh
If I had my own world, I'd build you an empire
Josh2.5

Postby XRC15T » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:27 pm

NIce choice of rim, they look good very race spec.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
XRC15T

Postby Rosso » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:52 pm

That car looks HOT!!!

& so will yours when you get your rims 8) We dont need food, more money for mods hehe :lol:
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby djb » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:47 am

Just Note,
that when HiRisk went to try and install Brembos he found they wouldn't fit as the caliper was too close to the rim. I don't know what you've got planned for the car, but I'm just making you aware of the problem.

Cheers
Darryl
1999 Liberty Heritage Wagon (Royal Blue)
- Trans: Auto
- Engine: Rocker Seals
- Wheels / Tyres : MY02 WRX Rims / Mix of Tyres
- Suspension / Brakes : Boge Struts + King Lows / Stock
- Interior : Stock Clarion 6 Stacker, Full Heritage Leather, Stock Subaru Boot Liner
- Exterior : Clear Side Repeaters, Rola Roof Rails, Tow Bar
djb

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.