Advan 151C Connoisseur

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby Laps » Wed May 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks for your effort B3, be sure to let me know what happens...

Respray shouldnt cost any more than $150 a wheel...

I phoned a guy yesterday and he said $120 a wheel...
Image
[ Click --> Here <-- for modifications & profile ]
"If you can't make it fast, you may as well make it look good..."
User avatar
Laps
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT
Car: MY08 2.5i Liberty Sedan
Real name: Alex

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby Laps » Wed May 26, 2010 2:12 pm

THERB3 wrote: He stressed out that the off set is pushing the limits on your car and only have 4mm of clearance on the fronts. But they have the 18" if your intrested.


Which offset is pushing the limits? The +50???
Image
[ Click --> Here <-- for modifications & profile ]
"If you can't make it fast, you may as well make it look good..."
User avatar
Laps
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT
Car: MY08 2.5i Liberty Sedan
Real name: Alex

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby THERB3 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:17 pm

The +38 is cutting a fine line and having only 4mm in the fronts to the guard.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
User avatar
THERB3
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Hazza

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby Laps » Wed May 26, 2010 2:22 pm

ah ok, so I assume jim/clarence have +50
Image
[ Click --> Here <-- for modifications & profile ]
"If you can't make it fast, you may as well make it look good..."
User avatar
Laps
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT
Car: MY08 2.5i Liberty Sedan
Real name: Alex

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby THERB3 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:23 pm

correct I beleive
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
User avatar
THERB3
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Hazza

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby tangcla » Wed May 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Laps wrote:ah ok, so I assume jim/clarence have +50

Yep I have the +50. Even that requires rolling of the guards, so +38 will need some serious butchering :P


Wheel painting - should be less than $100 each. My last set of wheels got painted (and repaired some gutter rash) for $60 each, it wasn't sandblasted back to bare metal though.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby THERB3 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I just got a reply from Christian from Advan. All I can say I tried guys, please read the following document which I just copied and paste on here. Have a look at the availablity of the clearance wheels.


Hi Harry,

My colleague Tats and I have been trying to sort something out for you guys.

The Connoisseur No.151C is a very nice, classy looking wheel but it seems hard to get a size in your fitment in the run-out stock.

On the clearance list we have no 19 x 8.0. The only 19 x 8.5 we have has a 38 offset which is about 4mm too wide at the front guard. These are in Silver Metalic and Bright Chrome.

Wheel Art No Description Size Stock in JPN Special
CNR151C Z7434 19X8.5JCNR151C100-5-38SM14 19X8.5 8 549.00
CNR151C Z7437 19X8.5JCNR151C100-5-38BC14 19X8.5 17 624.00


We have the following option in the factory size of 18 x 7.5. The offset is slightly different being 48 not 55 but these should fit fine. I’ve attached images.

Wheel Art No Description Size Stock in JPN Special
TC2 Z6398 18X7.5 J TC2 100.0-5-48 PW 18X7.5 9 518.00
TC2 Z6397 18X7.5 J TC2 100.0-5-48 SM 18X7.5 21 518.00
RC2 Z6325 18X7.5JJ RC2 100.0-5-48 SM 18X7.5 7 453.00
MODEL T6 Z6777 18X7.5JMODELT6100-5-48GG 18X7.5 7 526.00

If you want a 19x8.0 with a 50 offset which is perfect we have the ADVAN RZ in Dark Gunmetal but these are not on special. Tats has these on his car. We could do 5% off for a group buy taking the price down to $969 each including GST and delivery to a store close by. There are 2 sets in Japan at the moment and more will be made in June.

WHEELZ9465 19x8.0 5/100 50 ADRZ DG 4 $1020.00

Sorry we couldn’t be more helpful.

Christian Hansen
Marketing Manager: YOKOHAMA - ADVAN Racing - Tyres & More
[P] +61(2) 8748 2615 [F] +61(2) 9737 8014 [E] hansen@yokohama.com.au
123 - 129 Silverwater Rd, Silverwater NSW 2128 - PO Box 6002 Silverwater 1811
[W] http://www.yokohama.com.au http://www.tyresandmore.com.au http://www.ADVANwheels.com.au
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
User avatar
THERB3
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Hazza

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby asxGT » Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 pm

:cry:
MY 07 GT 5AT [Diamond Grey]
HKS Panel Filter/P3 Dump pipe/Quad tip mufflers/Whiteline sway Bars/
User avatar
asxGT
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY07 GT Sedan
Real name: Mark

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby Arith » Wed May 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Hmm. Thought so. The only stock they have left would have been snapped up by now since they discontinued the Connoisseurs. The only thing now are the new range, the F15, which max out at 18" for the Libertys. And come in a dark charcoal/black rather than gunmetal. They have 19's but in the wrong offset. A bit of work to fit those for those who are really desperate.

Although I wouldn't mind getting those wheel hubs that change the PCD from 5x100 to 5x114.3 so I can fit the 20" Connoisseurs.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby PRO20B » Thu May 27, 2010 12:07 pm

tangcla wrote:
Laps wrote:ah ok, so I assume jim/clarence have +50

Yep I have the +50. Even that requires rolling of the guards, so +38 will need some serious butchering :P


I have 19 x 8.5 +50 151C's and absolutely no rolling of the guards were required (and i have lowered the car with S.Tech springs)

Cheers
Daniel
MY08 Liberty GT spec.B Tuned By STi Pearl White Sedan 6MT #080/250

RIP - MY08 Liberty GT spec.B Tuned By STi OBP Sedan 6MT #092/250
PRO20B
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby drndrn » Thu May 27, 2010 12:09 pm

PRO20B wrote:
tangcla wrote:
Laps wrote:ah ok, so I assume jim/clarence have +50

Yep I have the +50. Even that requires rolling of the guards, so +38 will need some serious butchering :P


I have 19 x 8.5 +50 151C's and absolutely no rolling of the guards were required (and i have lowered the car with S.Tech springs)

Cheers
Daniel


I believe Clarence is on coilovers, so that'll probably explain why he needed to roll his guards.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
User avatar
drndrn
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Glen Waverley, Victoria
Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby Arith » Thu May 27, 2010 12:24 pm

PRO2B wrote:I have 19 x 8.5 +50 151C's and absolutely no rolling of the guards were required (and i have lowered the car with S.Tech springs)

You're lucky Daniel. Because when I first got the 151C's, I was still on the S.Techs. The back would rub, especially with passengers, and the fronts would rub every time I went up a driveway. Ended up getting both front and back rolled.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby PRO20B » Thu May 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Arith wrote:
PRO2B wrote:I have 19 x 8.5 +50 151C's and absolutely no rolling of the guards were required (and i have lowered the car with S.Tech springs)

You're lucky Daniel. Because when I first got the 151C's, I was still on the S.Techs. The back would rub, especially with passengers, and the fronts would rub every time I went up a driveway. Ended up getting both front and back rolled.

I actually thought i was going to have those issues, so was already prepared to have then rolled, but so far so good.

Cheers
Daniel
Last edited by PRO20B on Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY08 Liberty GT spec.B Tuned By STi Pearl White Sedan 6MT #080/250

RIP - MY08 Liberty GT spec.B Tuned By STi OBP Sedan 6MT #092/250
PRO20B
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby THERB3 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Daniel do mine posting a pic up of the damage. Also a sticky peak at these awsome wheels.

Cheers.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
User avatar
THERB3
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Hazza

Re: Advan 151C Connoisseur

Postby Arith » Thu May 27, 2010 1:05 pm

PRO20B wrote:The only "issue" that i have with them (actually only rear passenger side rim) is that on the 2nd day they were on the car i parked a little to close to the gutter and scratched the outer park of the rim. I was f'ing pissed off when it happened as i had been waiting so long to put them on the car, and to have this happen so soon was annoying. Now i'm looking into getting the rim repaired/repainted in the same colour/finish, but that has not been an easy task so far. Any suggestions?

Unless you're wanting to have the wheel re-painted, you can do what I do as I too have a niche scratch (thanks to Phat for the advice :P ). I use a black permanent marker pen! Just run the pen over the scratched area so that it hides any light colours that appears. This will turn the area a black/dark colour, which you can still spot up close, but from a distance you can hardly tell it's there. Just keep the marker in the car so you can re-apply after a car wash. But the best $2 I've ever spent (or free if you steal stationary supplies at work :D ).

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests