suspension noise help needed

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: suspension noise help needed

Postby smythie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 pm

lies, lies, damn lies :lol: Yeah, I remember you posting that back pretty soon after the post previous to that one. Something funny happened with the time/datestamp on your post
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
User avatar
smythie
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: Sydney (w-end)
Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Re: suspension noise help needed

Postby Sentinel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:05 pm

smythie wrote:lies, lies, damn lies :lol: Yeah, I remember you posting that back pretty soon after the post previous to that one. Something funny happened with the time/datestamp on your post


I know I posted it but not tonight. Weird... Straight after I posted my comment tonight, I also noticed a line in my previous post that said something like:

"Bumped by Loose1 at 06 Aug 7.41pm" or words to that effect...

Ric - can you shed some light on this pls. If people can repost my threads or similar then that's a bit "questionable".
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: suspension noise help needed

Postby Ric » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:20 am

Sentinel wrote:...
I know I posted it but not tonight. Weird... Straight after I posted my comment tonight, I also noticed a line in my previous post that said something like:

"Bumped by Loose1 at 06 Aug 7.41pm" or words to that effect...

Ric - can you shed some light on this pls. If people can repost my threads or similar then that's a bit "questionable".

That's a new phpBB3 feature that I never tried. If enabled, it lets the person who started a topic to "bump" it if it hasn't been replied to in 10 days.
Obviously the way it does is just by adjusting the date in the most recent message in the topic, which can cause confusion like this, so I've just disabled that feature altogether. Now if you want to bump a topic you have to do it by actually posting a new message into the topic.
User avatar
Ric
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6481
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Real name: Ric
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: suspension noise help needed

Postby Sentinel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Cool - thnx. :wink:

Soooooo, Loose1 - have you resolved the noise yet?
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: suspension noise help needed

Postby Loose1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:44 pm

HA HA ...LOL

I spun out too you lot dont miss much ey??

p.s i guess this is a bump :lol:
MY06 3.0r spec b
Mods ...Ask the wife??
User avatar
Loose1
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Springfield/Bris
Car: MY06 3.0R SPEC B...SILVER
Real name: Daniel (Dan)

Re: suspension noise help needed

Postby kranks » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:53 pm

hey loose1,

I know this is a really old post but i had exactly the same symptom with subaru mechanics unable to pinpoint the exact cause of the noise.

The issue: I am led to beleive Bilstiens use a bearing configuration between the inner stanchion of the strut. It sits at the top and bottom of strust. This bearing wears (in my case cracked).

I had consulted the Bilstien Reps in sydney and was quoted in excess of $1200 for both Front struts to be re-built.

I went to my local suspension place (pm for contact details) and they sent the struts away for re-build and saved me $400.

my opinion of why the niose orientation is the LHS is due to a higher percentage of right hand turns (think round-abouts) putting more load onto the front right part of the suspension.

peace,
kranks
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:57 pm
Car: 05 Liberty 3.0RB

Re: suspension noise help needed

Postby Loose1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello fellow subieists long time no speak haha i thought i would reply to this old 2010 post ....suspension was fixed when i took it to subaru for service and asked them to diagnose the noise later that day i got a call from subaru stating that they are very sorry but on inspecting lh strut the mechanic snapped one of the tower bolts sooo tjey replaced it free of charge with one they took off a blitzen they had in the lot ....it now has 110k on clock and hasnt been a problem since. So i guess it was a good thing he broke it as by the sounds of the above post i ssved a lot of money

Good to see the club going strong keep up the good work ric ur a legend

Regards Dan
MY06 3.0r spec b
Mods ...Ask the wife??
User avatar
Loose1
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Springfield/Bris
Car: MY06 3.0R SPEC B...SILVER
Real name: Daniel (Dan)

Previous

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests