Low Lib's

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Re: Low Lib's

Postby Jack_Keaka » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:37 pm

looks heaps good now. that extra inch drop will finish off the look i think. did you end up getting the pedders or the just jap ones?? also whats the ride quality like?
Apparently i've never been on live television before
Jack_Keaka

Car: 21 Forester
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18091

Postby SegR » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm not a fan of overt stickers such as that, or overly low cars, but I do like what you've done and those rims look good on that model. I think the ride height (visually) looks perfect at the moment.

Nice photographs too.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby AB501UT!0N » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks for the kind words Seg and Jack :) The ride height is suprisingly really good cause I dont scrape anything unless its a really steep entrance.
Also the ride is pretty stif but in the corners its worth it but it takes a little getting use to it, and with the rims i do like them but I think they are
one inch to small but maybe that justs me lol and with the ride height im not sure what i want to do cause at the moment I have no police trouble
but I feel is I drop it another inch then Im more likely too but I shall think on it :) if anyone has any more ideas of what I can do to my car please share :)
jakey wrote:.... goshgollywingwong

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Car: Subaru Liberty Heritage 2000

Postby Jack_Keaka » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 pm

would you actually get in trouble from the police though?? is there a lower limit these days? i thought that was an old fashion law like in the 50's n shit?
but my suggestion would be more lower, roll the fenders, and stretch the tyres and add a tiny bit of camber to the rear wheels and loweeeeerrrrrr! :lol: :lol: but seriously do it...
Jack_Keaka

Postby AB501UT!0N » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:48 pm

hahaha for sure, my mate got pulled over the other day since his car scrapes on flat roads lol and I so would like to get stretched tyres and wider rims but I dont think money is going to let me any time soon since im trying to save for a place, wheels or house, sorry but house wins every time :P and why isnt your car low? now thats the really question :P

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Postby Jack_Keaka » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

hahaha :mrgreen: well the dough i had tucked away for lowered suspension was forcibly taken from me when my clutch blew in december. and he didn't even fix it properly! kinda pissed off. if anyone knows the problem can you please help? when the clutch get warm i.e traffic & long drives the clutch pedal starts to stick in. one time driving around for a parking space in moore park it completely stuck in for a good 10 seconds! i might post this as a new thread though... but yeah. thats why. also it means i can't park in my underground parking at work :D which I'm almost willing to sacrifice.
Jack_Keaka

Postby Jack_Keaka » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm

side note... if you get wider rims you have to flare the wheel arch as its illegal to have your wheels protruding the body. also stretched tyre are illegal... but i would risk a little stretch thats almost not noticeable to dumb cops (i don't dislike cops, i think cops are tops)
Jack_Keaka

Postby AB501UT!0N » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:18 pm

jackerty wrote:side note... if you get wider rims you have to flare the wheel arch as its illegal to have your wheels protruding the body. also stretched tyre are illegal... but i would risk a little stretch thats almost not noticeable to dumb cops (i don't dislike cops, i think cops are tops)

I have a tip re your transmission, get an auto box lol they suck but never ever have I had any issues with it and you can slam it up and down gears so its pretty good for an auto and I know what you mean about dough, I want rims so bad but if do I know I will have to get stretch tyres and rolled guards and that adds up to alot of money so im going to hold off for the moment and just lower it some more and see how it looks and maybe get some decent brake pads, any ideas? and same here i have no problem with police officers at all either :)

AB501UT!0N

Postby Jack_Keaka » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm

AB501UT!0N wrote:I have a tip re your transmission, get an auto box lol they suck but never ever have I had any issues with it and you can slam it up and down gears so its pretty good for an auto and I know what you mean about dough, I want rims so bad but if do I know I will have to get stretch tyres and rolled guards and that adds up to alot of money so im going to hold off for the moment and just lower it some more and see how it looks and maybe get some decent brake pads, any ideas? and same here i have no problem with police officers at all either :)

sorry buddy but i don't think i will ever go Auto in a subaru. there is way too much fun to be had in a manual. blown clutches are worth it imo.
when i get a muscle car in about 5 years i can deal with an auto then.
do you mean brake callipers? or defs pads? didn't you upgrade your rotors to slotted?
i was thinking i might powder coat my stock wheels black, what do you think? then lower it. until i can afford 100% Hellaflush
Jack_Keaka

Postby AB501UT!0N » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 pm

jackerty wrote:
AB501UT!0N wrote:I have a tip re your transmission, get an auto box lol they suck but never ever have I had any issues with it and you can slam it up and down gears so its pretty good for an auto and I know what you mean about dough, I want rims so bad but if do I know I will have to get stretch tyres and rolled guards and that adds up to alot of money so im going to hold off for the moment and just lower it some more and see how it looks and maybe get some decent brake pads, any ideas? and same here i have no problem with police officers at all either :)

sorry buddy but i don't think i will ever go Auto in a subaru. there is way too much fun to be had in a manual. blown clutches are worth it imo.
when i get a muscle car in about 5 years i can deal with an auto then.
do you mean brake callipers? or defs pads? didn't you upgrade your rotors to slotted?
i was thinking i might powder coat my stock wheels black, what do you think? then lower it. until i can afford 100% Hellaflush

haha true true :) and I mean just the pads, and I got DBA 4000 series slotted rotors at the front which are really good :)
and I think changing the colour to black on your rims would increase the look of the size. And lower would be great
but do it right the first time unlike me :( BC is the best :)

AB501UT!0N

Postby sheppo9 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:08 pm

jackerty wrote:when the clutch get warm i.e traffic & long drives the clutch pedal starts to stick in.

Replace the clutch slave cylinder and hose.

jackerty wrote:
but my suggestion would be more lower, roll the fenders, and stretch the tyres and add a tiny bit of camber to the rear wheels and loweeeeerrrrrr!

It'd look stupid with stretched tyres and camber (you don't add camber to the wheels either).
They are 7" wheels, maybe if he had 9"+ and the car was ALOT lower, then he'd have to do that.
sheppo9

Car: An Outback

Postby tangcla » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Are you looking for photos of gen3s only?
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby AB501UT!0N » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:54 pm

It'd look stupid with stretched tyres and camber (you don't add camber to the wheels either).
They are 7" wheels, maybe if he had 9"+ and the car was ALOT lower, then he'd have to do that.[/quote]

Thanks for ur suggestion, and I have decided to keep the wheels for the moment and to just lower it another 2 cms
or so and any pics of gen 3s would be good :)

AB501UT!0N

Postby tangcla » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Haven't taken many photos of gen3s, but here's one I did for Kalisha.

www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby garbo41610 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:24 pm

:bad:
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.