AndrewCowley wrote:I got a set of 4 RE001's fitted about 6 weeks ago. Surprised to hear they are discontinued. I think they are ok for a street tyre. Price is good. Only thing is though, my previous set lasted somewhere between 25 and 30,000 kms which is pretty poor.
Yep they are replaced by RE0002.
Must have been something with your setup if yours only lasted 25-30KKms (maybe your wheel alignment, tyre pressures, or way you use the car). Mine are going on 25KKms daily driver and that's including 5 track days as well. Still about 1/4 tread left.
swingn wrote:To me, 20,000kms or more is a good amount of mileage, but if you expect more - which is fair enough - then you'll need to go for a harder compound which of course isn't going to perform as well.
Yep depends also how much driving is done a year. For me I do around 12,000Kms a year so I am happy with replacing a full set of tyres every 2 years. For someone who does double that they might not be happy buying tyres every year.
IMHO replacing softer tyres regularly (but not over the top), to ensure the best possible grip is worthwhile because you never know when you need it.



