Lowering on the bilstein

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Lowering on the bilstein

Postby Rad-Daljac » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Hey everyone
Recently I've purchased lowered springs for my 07 Liberty and unfortunately they don't fit because my car has the bilstein suspension!
I've rung pedders and asked if they do lowered springs and they can only do 20mm lower which isn't what I'm looking for.
I've rung around local shops and no one can do anything lower than 25mm for the bilsteins.
I've also had a look on eBay at the king springs but Ihaven't heard anything good about them as of yet. (correct me if I'm wrong!)
Before I look into compressing my springs and doing all that I was wondering if anyone here has lowered their Spec B Liberty roughly around 2 inches if not 1.5 inches
I'm trying to achieve a flush look so the bottom of the guard sits a little higher than the tire
As of stock hight my car is sitting 2.5 inches from the top of the tire to the bottom of the guard at front, and at rear it is 2 inches from rubber to metal.
If anyone has any recommendations as to how they driver after being lowered or any reason not to please let me know!
any help would be great
cheers!
Rad-Daljac

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R SpecB

Re: Lowering on the bilstein

Postby shav » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Climax suspension do Lovells springs. You might want to give them a call.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:07 pm

king springs will be fine if all you want is cosmetics. I thought it had been discussed on another of your posts you will probably destroy your bilsteins and ride comfort at some points going that low.

Also you might want to consider that if you are going so low that your guard and tire are very close it will probably rub a lot around corners or any bumps
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby alexeiwoody » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:56 pm

GONEWALKABOUT wrote:king springs will be fine if all you want is cosmetics. I thought it had been discussed on another of your posts you will probably destroy your bilsteins and ride comfort at some points going that low.

Also you might want to consider that if you are going so low that your guard and tire are very close it will probably rub a lot around corners or any bumps

What he said. King Springs are fine.

Sti pink springs (come stock on the tbSti libs on the bilsteins) will also get you what you're after - do a search and see the pics of libs for yourself. Over time the rear wheel sits very flush with the guard, maybe even slightly in it.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby jason-j-y » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello all,

I'm kinda new to all this so please forgive the noobness.

I have a 2008 2.5i liberty and I was thinking of putting bilstein shocks with sti pink springs.

Is anybody able to estimate how long this will drop it because i plan on shoving 18" x 9.5 rims on them.

Also because i dont have much knowledge of installing or anything, will this be a direct fit or not and i know lowering usually means rougher ride but is it really that bad?

cheers in advance
Potato.
jason-j-y

Car: 2008 Subaru Liberty 2.5i

Postby Robbks » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:27 pm

This is factory TunedBy STi Billies with STi pinks.

might be a little lower than the 2.5 due to the H6, 6 Speed and sunroof making it heavier.

coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby shav » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:49 pm

jason-j-y wrote:Hello all,

I have a 2008 2.5i liberty and I was thinking of putting bilstein shocks with sti pink springs.

Is anybody able to estimate how long this will drop it because i plan on shoving 18" x 9.5 rims on them.

Also because i dont have much knowledge of installing or anything, will this be a direct fit or not and i know lowering usually means rougher ride but is it really that bad?

cheers in advance

I wouldn't say it's rougher, just firmer. Bilsteins are excellent shocks and offer a quality ride while still maintaining excellent control for braking and cornering. I think it will be decent especially with those wheels. Just be aware of wheel offset, and adjust your guards, negative camber accordingly.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm

2.5i are lighter than Spec B's so go for a spring mfg with a 2.5i application.
Obviously research what other 2.5i owners have done.
Get the front dialed then fine tune the rears with saggy butt spacers.

As for 9.5s... Why?
Generally an offset of around 40-45 will fit with minimal guard rolling.

But f*#k that bling and second rate "solutions". Just buy a set of Shockworks for actual handling :)

jason-j-y wrote:Hello all,

cheers in advance
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.