Coilover Spring Replacement

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Coilover Spring Replacement

Postby SH30RB » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm

As the title suggests, Im thinking of changing my KiDo coilover springs for something a little bit better but I have a few questions first...

1. If I want to change spring rates (not sure what the KiDo's are) what would you recommend?
2. If I opt for a shorter springs than what the KiDo's are, would that in turn give me a little bit more adjustability in my ride height?
3. Everyone knows Eibach make awesome coil springs, and looking at their coilover springs, may as well give them a go?
4. Im guessing with the above, it would be recommended to get the KiDo coilovers revalved for the best results or would there be no point?
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
User avatar
SH30RB
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Real name: Simon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

Postby jslayz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 am

I have 2 x brand new Eiback 7kg/mm coilover springs still in boxes, perfect for your fronts :-)
Then u can grab some 9s or 10s for the rear.

Turn in with hard springs in rear is frigin excellent!

PM me if interested,

J
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
User avatar
jslayz
 
Posts: 2810
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Perthhhhhh
Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon
Real name: J

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

Postby senator » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 am

You’re best to re-valve the unit not just change the spring.

Are they oil and gas filled?
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
User avatar
senator
 
Posts: 3217
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: SYDNEY

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

Postby SH30RB » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks J, I've sent you a PM

Tony, thanks, thats very helpful :) AFAIK they are re branded and different coloured BC BR's if that is any indication? Im not too sure if they are but im going to take a guess and say yes to oil and gass filled
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
User avatar
SH30RB
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Real name: Simon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Re: Coilover Spring Replacement

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 am

[quote="SH30RB"]As the title suggests, I'm thinking of changing my KiDo coilover springs for something a little bit better but I have a few questions first...

Simon what do you mean by "better"?

IMHO could getting your setup sorted somewhere known for excellence (if not done already).
The difference on my car - between a basic alignment and proper fettling by Ralph at Trutrack - is very noticeable, for the better.
They also installed JSpeed LCA bushes, H brace and WL RCA kit. Just some options for you to consider before changing out springs...
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 10489
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests