BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby gtsti7 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Image

Are these good value for money? Any other good brands that go for less? I'm
Keeping the sti rims and want the wheel arch to be level with the top of the tyre will these be low enough? Thanks!
User avatar
gtsti7
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:49 am
Location: VIC
Car: liberty sti 07
Real name: Mike

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby zch91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 pm

They will be low enough. Street to Track (a forum vendor) sells them for $1100 delivered.

Otherwise KiDo are a popular option, a touch cheaper than the BC.
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby MA44AL » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 pm

yeh check out Street to Track or Justjap. I recommend getting the bc's instead of the kido's though. Much more height adjustment in comparison.
User avatar
MA44AL
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 1:49 pm
Car: 06 Liberty Wagon 2.5i
Real name: Dean

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby zch91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm

The eBay ones are justjap. I wish my BC's went lower..
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby gtsti7 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks, haha, I think you commented the same thing when I posted this question on Facebook forum site. Thanks again.
User avatar
gtsti7
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:49 am
Location: VIC
Car: liberty sti 07
Real name: Mike

BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby gtsti7 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

As in zch91 your first comment. So they definitely go low enough yeah?
User avatar
gtsti7
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:49 am
Location: VIC
Car: liberty sti 07
Real name: Mike

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby zch91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Yeah, they will be plenty low for you.

I have 40 profile tires for some reason (?) on my 18's, hence I needed more drop to get fender/tire level, still achieved it + abit more
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby MA44AL » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 pm

zch91 wrote:Yeah, they will be plenty low for you.

I have 40 profile tires for some reason (?) on my 18's, hence I needed more drop to get fender/tire level, still achieved it + abit more


Are you maxed out? Im running 18s as well with 40 profile and tucking tire all around with heaps more adjustment to go lower.
User avatar
MA44AL
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 1:49 pm
Car: 06 Liberty Wagon 2.5i
Real name: Dean

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby zch91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 pm

MA44AL wrote:
zch91 wrote:Yeah, they will be plenty low for you.

I have 40 profile tires for some reason (?) on my 18's, hence I needed more drop to get fender/tire level, still achieved it + abit more


Are you maxed out? Im running 18s as well with 40 profile and tucking tire all around with heaps more adjustment to go lower.


I reckon the preload is wrong to be honest, on the rear the strut wont go any lower and the front it's about 10mm from rubbing on the driveshaft..
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Re: BC coilovers for my 07 sti lib

Postby zch91 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:14 pm

So just to clarify... I checked my preload on my suspension this arvy and the front and rear were both set to around 25-30mm... Oops.

All adjusted properly now and have now got more thread left for more low... :twisted:
User avatar
zch91
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Real name: Zach
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests