Engine light on with flashing cruise control light

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Postby GT25 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Thanks for that input Greg, i think if any sensor goes off the car will have the same symptoms.. i believe its a way to make u take the car to subaru to look at the error code it logs.. did they happen to tell you the error code?[/quote]

Unfortunately no, matey. They were pretty sheepish about taking 3 goes to fix it. And I haven't been able to find out a way to get the read out on MY07. Not the same as earlier models.

Greg
MY07 GT Spec B Wagon; 6MT; Obsidian/Beige
GT25

Car: MY07 GT Spec B 6MT Wagon

Postby gtspec » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:12 am

:shock: the engine light just turned off this morning on my drive in to work.. i dont know what changed but i didnt do anything..

i hope it stays gone..
gtspec

Car: MY07 GT SpecB

Postby adam » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:07 pm

ok boys, this is my CEL experience...
i've had it happen twice since i got my P3 dump and mufflers fitted and the key ingredients for me are..
both times it happened i had someone in the car to specifically show them my exhaust.
i, both times, pushed it harder than i would have normally early in the warm up cycle.
what i mean is that the car was warm (needle steady at almost horizontal) but i didn't consider it 'work hard' warm.
don't get me wrong, i've smashed it WAAAAYYY harder, and often but always with fair consideration to how warm it actually was..

btw. jims "on/off" trick works a treat :lol:
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby gtspec » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:13 pm

:cry: :cry: CEL light come back on again this morning...

i guess i have to go about troubleshooting the issue.. i think firstly im going to replace the gasket from where the DP sits on the back of the turbo since it wasnt done when i installed..

plus i think i can hear it leading.. so see how it goes
gtspec

Postby smythie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:21 pm

sounds like a good first step mate
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Re: Engine light on with flashing cruise control light

Postby fatfrog02 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:09 pm

gtspec,

By any chance did you find out what this problem was??
I just got this same CEL (engine light on, S flashing, cruise flashing) and am trying to find some answers.
Mine came on under normal driving, cruising at 80 kph. Cold weather.

Found this online, don't know if it is relevant or not??
http://www.p0420.com/
fatfrog02

Postby gtspec » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:05 am

fatfrog02 wrote:gtspec,

I just got this same CEL (engine light on, S flashing, cruise flashing) and am trying to find some answers.

i replaced the gasket and still no success.. and till this day ive been crusin around with this stupid CEL light flashing and unable to use cruise control.. plus i think my petrol usage has gone up...

truth is im stuck for my next step..
- subaru wont help as they blame the aftermarket pieces as expected...
- could be the 02 sensor but its not likely all our 02 sensors just happen to kick the bucket
- A tune should fix the problem BUTTTTTTTT as i have (shitty) ECUtek software i am restricted to only ECUtek approved tuners (im yet to find a good one) and it doesnt allow an open-source tune (from pulse racing).. (BTW if anyone wants to str8 swap for the standard GT ECU then PM me :lol: )

so this is the boat im in at the moment and it aint looking to good... im seriously thinking to just sell off everything n retune to stock :cry:
gtspec

Postby Arith » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:44 am

What makes this case unique is you're pretty much the only one who's gotten the dump pipe who has a pre-existing tune already. The tune may be optimised for a stock setup, and probably doesn't like the new addition. But it looks like your choices are limited, Adam. :?

1) Go back to the stock dump pipe
2) Get a re-tune
3) Replace the O2 sensors

All the choices seem to involve a bit of money. I would opt for choice 2 if I were you. You're only paying for a re-tune, and even the crappiest tuner re-tuning in the safest possible way would be better than your existing tune.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby fatfrog02 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:15 pm

gtspec wrote:
fatfrog02 wrote:gtspec,

i replaced the gasket and still no success.. and till this day ive been crusin around with this stupid CEL light flashing and unable to use cruise control.. plus i think my petrol usage has gone up...

truth is im stuck for my next step..
- subaru wont help as they blame the aftermarket pieces as expected...
- could be the 02 sensor but its not likely all our 02 sensors just happen to kick the bucket
- A tune should fix the problem BUTTTTTTTT as i have (shitty) ECUtek software i am restricted to only ECUtek approved tuners (im yet to find a good one) and it doesnt allow an open-source tune (from pulse racing).. (BTW if anyone wants to str8 swap for the standard GT ECU then PM me :lol: )

so this is the boat im in at the moment and it aint looking to good... im seriously thinking to just sell off everything n retune to stock :cry:

I have similar mods to you. TMIC, resonatorecty, Phat dump pipe, STI rears, NO tune. I have been running the TMIC and dump for about 6 months now with no problems.
The CEL came on about 2 days after I took the car to Subaru for the factory recall. Turbo oil line fix.
I have tried starting/stopping the car a number of times and a ECU reset at home with no change.
I am going to wait a couple of days and see if the CEL clears itself otherwise back to Subaru. I don't like may chances of getting any help frim them due to the mods. I will try and get an engine code and a Factory Reset to see if that fixes it.
fatfrog02

Postby fatfrog02 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:44 am

Took my car to Subaru this morning. CEL is "catalytic converter below threshold".
I was upfront about the mods, the mechanic didn't say anything about them. Said there have been a few cars come in recently with same CEL. Maybe a problem with the cold weather and condensation build up in Cat or exhaust.
If it happens again I have to take it back and then they may be problems as they will poke around a bit more and see the mods I have done.

On another note, the service I received from this Subaru workshop in regards to this problem was outstanding. Rang the workshop at 8:30 am, they said to bring it right in. Car was looked at and CEL fixed by 9:00 am. Workshop was full and there were 3 cars waiting out the front for work.
fatfrog02

Postby smythie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:07 am

gtspec wrote:- A tune should fix the problem BUTTTTTTTT as i have (shitty) ECUtek software i am restricted to only ECUtek approved tuners (im yet to find a good one)

Autotech in Granville have received a number of good reviews in here. In fact I don't think I've read negative comments about them (aside from ECUTEK itself) in here
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Postby gtspec » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:00 pm

smythie wrote:
gtspec wrote:- A tune should fix the problem BUTTTTTTTT as i have (shitty) ECUtek software i am restricted to only ECUtek approved tuners (im yet to find a good one)

Autotech in Granville have received a number of good reviews in here. In fact I don't think I've read negative comments about them (aside from ECUTEK itself) in here

hmm i disagree.. the guys on rexnet highly recommended i DONT go there due to there experiances..

Most the feedback i got from there was via PM due to autotech being rexnet.com.au number1 sponsor.. so no bad talk allowed about them otherwise the thread gets deleted and you get banned.. i dont know if its just rumours but it was what i was told by numerous members

some feedback
- Plenty of bad experiences and only very few with good experiences.

1. good luck.
2. get a quote in writing and dont agree to any extras.
3. Dont race the car after he tunes it.

there best trick is telling you your turbo is stuffed, when its not.

19 people complained about this but all posts were removed.

anyone else had any situations can PM me
Last edited by gtspec on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
gtspec

Postby smythie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:33 pm

fair enough mate.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Postby SillySora » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:46 pm

OK so i was told today by Mercury that Subaru making all this safety crap ect ect ( not hes words mine ). Said he turned most of them threw the ecu tek. But told me if it does pop up disconnect the battery start it and let it idel for 1 min or so. I have not tried but hope it will help .
SillySora

Car: My 08 Liberty

Postby tehx » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Wow, sounds like quite a club we have going here - I too am a member of this one ;) Was on the way to Syd, sitting at 112km, cruise control on, about 30 mins into the trip and on came the Engine Light, off went the cruse.

I phoned Paul (Pulse) & he mentioned that he has seen this quite a few times after exhaust work. One reason is that the ECU's parameter's for emission’s are exceeded after work to the exhaust system. On my next trip to Syd he is going tweak the parameters and flash the ECU. I have had it happen once again. Just normal driving, was a really wet day at the time. A few engine restarts later and it cleared. I tried removing the battery connection for a few hours in the hope that it would clear the error but it did not. About 5 to 8 restarts later and it was gone.
MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec.B - Tuned by Pulse
| Hyperflow TMI | Custom Stainless Exhaust from Turbo back - developed & tested by Pulse Racing |Custom Chrome CAI | Organic Clutch | DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors & Redstuff pads | Whiteline Swaybars | STI Rear Lip & Front Spoiler | STI Short Shifter & Gear Knob | LED Internal, Park, Plate & Fog lamps - 6000k HIDs | OpenECU | Custom CarPC by M@ |
tehx

Car: Liberty GT Spec.B - Tuned by Pulse

PreviousNext

Return to 2.5T engine specific