Liberty GT Spec B Transmission Issues

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Liberty GT Spec B Transmission Issues

Postby chrislak » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Am i the only unlucky bastard to be experiencing transmission shudder issues?

Let me explain, last year my auto would shudder very badly in 'D' when changing from 1st to 2nd gear and it took me 9 months to have this issue sorted by Subaru. Subaru in the end did not replace the auto only repaired the issue.

A few months down the track i am starting to get a slight shudder when taking off slow at around 2-3000 rpm in 1st and seems to be more noticeable when turn either left of right into a street.

Has anyone had there auto modified to make it stronger as i am fed up with Subaru's warranty, the last time i had to demonstrate the issue 5 times drove my crazy.

Yes, the car is completely stock standard.
chrislak

Postby swingn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 am

Define shudder...

I know that first to 2nd shifts in the auto can "jerk" or "lunge" in... My car has been that way since the day it was new... But I would go as far as to say it was a problem.

From what I understand, it all comes down to what rev's you are shifting at... Same as a manual (Particually in a turbo'd manual) depending on what rev's you shift at can dictate how smooth the shifts can be... Unless you double shuffle into every gear :D
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby chrislak » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 pm

From first to second the transmission would slip in gear and feel like the transmission was about to drop out of the car, Subaru repaired that issue, now on take of im getting the same slip feeling causing the transmission to shudder though no where as bad.

Funny enough ever since Subaru repaired second gear i dont get the "jerk', "lunge" when changing from first to second especially when the car is cold.
chrislak

Return to 2.5T engine specific