07 GT owners, i need some help!!

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

07 GT owners, i need some help!!

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:23 am

need some help guys:

In the pic below i've circled the third sensor on theis bracket just over the intake pipe.

This sensor sits right under the manifold and there are two hoses attached to it. One hose goes to the inlet pipe (ie towars the left on the pic) and the other one toward the right. Can someone please tell me which is which?

Does the hose on the left nozzle on the sensor go to the inlet pipe?

Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby fatfrog02 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Don't know what Year model you have Mo, but my AVO inlet pipe looks different from the one you have pictured. I have an MY07 GTB.

Just worked out the difference. I have a USDM inlet pipe. Yours may be a JDM inlet pipe. But I could be wrong???
fatfrog02

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:07 pm

fatfrog02 wrote:Don't know what Year model you have Mo, but my AVO inlet pipe looks different from the one you have pictured. I have an MY07 GTB.

Just worked out the difference. I have a USDM inlet pipe. Yours may be a JDM inlet pipe. But I could be wrong???

Mine's is also a 07 GTB.

I think AVO revised the desing of the inlet pipe just recently and added a nozzle. Plus when i ordered it from AVO, i was sure to tell them my car's details.

Did your pipe fit perfectly? Please post if you can.

Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Postby fatfrog02 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:31 pm

This is the one I have:
http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/pr ... cts_id=541

Not fitted up yet. I supplied my Model year and this is what they sent me. My inlet pipe has two blue nozzles on the side and one on top.

I looked on there JDM site and they have two different pipes. One that looks like mine and one that looks like yours. I am even more confused now.
fatfrog02

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:11 pm

With that one on the link you sent me, you might need to cut a bit off the engine cover to fit the last nozzle for the crank breather.

I'm going to send an email to AVO with pics and see why it won't fit...
Mo_GT

Postby fatfrog02 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:43 am

I have checked the Japan AVO site and the inlet pipe you have is for BP/BL d,e,f and the one I have is for BP/BL a,b,c. But the JDM Legacy/Liberty is 2L turbo.

There is no listing on the Aust AVO site for silicon inlet pipes.

The inlet pipe I have is also listed on the US AVO site as fitting for
Legacy GT or spec B 2005-2006 [2.5-liter turbocharged]
Legacy GT or spec B 2007-2009 [2.5-liter turbocharged]

I have emailed Tuspeed where I got my one from to confirm the part number. Hopefully both our inlet pipes are correct and it's just a slight change to the inlet design.
fatfrog02

Postby Mo_GT » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:29 pm

They are both correct but with different fittings - yours has the crank breather on top and you will need to add a T piece in the vaccum lines to the other nozzle below that one.

Mine seems to be a bit too long and fits a little differently - AVO have sent me some pics and info on mine and i'll try to fit it again on wednesday.

I just need to cut it to the proper size.

Its all fun and games :D
Mo_GT

Postby adam » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:01 pm

soz mo, but every time i look at the pic of your engine bay, all i can think of is this....

http://www.technocity.com.au/Corsa-Veloce.htm

of course, i don't even know if it'll fit?!?!
but i don't care, in my dreams, it'll fit mine :lol:
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby Mo_GT » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:35 am

hahaha! Isn't that Kevin Westblade / Prospeed's work?

The price on those would be scary me'thinks...
Mo_GT

Return to 2.5T engine specific