02 precat

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

02 precat

Postby snoopy782 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:48 am

Hi All

My CEL has been on since a service at Subaru lesson learnt.

I have a MY07 GTB does anyone know the best maybe cheapest pre cat 02 sensor hoping to do it this weekend.

Also has a whining sound consistent with revs and blows some faint smoke near power steering pump does anyone have ideas to this problem.

Thanks
Lee
snoopy782

Car: My07 liberty 2.5

Re: 02 precat

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Generally the pre cat sensor is in the headers rhs, it’s called an A/F sensor, bank 1 iirc.

If the sensor is heavily sooted from overly rich conditions, some have had success burning off the soot with a torch or using a cleaner or solvent (google).

Bennys Custom works for genuine oem or Global EFI and Cooldrive for Denso equivalents.
Just supply your VIN and they should be able to sort you out.

That’s if your CEL isn’t related to a major issue upstream of the sensor.
This may be related to your whining noise, eg an inlet tract or exhaust leak, or fuel or spark related.

It really depends on the CEL/DTC, it can be state of tune fault, loom & plug issue etc.

Rather than firing the parts cannon, I’d recommend looking up the diagnostic procedures and interviews in the FSM workshop manual (link in my signature) and or getting the car health checked by a competent and trustworthy mechanic (eg read good and bad reviews).

I can perform the tests in Melbourne and or recommend mechanics if required.

What’s the actual CEL/DTC code?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to 2.5T engine specific