Check Engine Light Combos

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Check Engine Light Combos

Postby GT25 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:10 am

Anybody have or know where to get details of CEL combos for the 2.5T motor.

Have got my 3rd incident happening (and the car's not even modded :( ).

Check Engine light on solid, SI Drive light flashing, Cruise light flashing at a different rate to SI Drive light.

Anyone got any ideas or does anyone know how to clear them?

Thanks.

Greg.
MY07 GT Spec B Wagon; 6MT; Obsidian/Beige
GT25

Car: MY07 GT Spec B 6MT Wagon

Postby Arith » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:41 am

That's your car complaining that it doesn't have any mods and to get it some mods. :D Just kidding!

The CEL, flashing Cruise Control, and flashing SI drive is just like the CEL and flashing cruise control for the MY04-MY06 models. The flashing SI drive is just to say you can't change it to S# or i while the issue is still present.

The most common cause is there is an issue with the O2 sensor. The other causes is that there is something along the lines that's not working or came loose and it's causing problems.

Check out this old post: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?t=2133

Usually if it's a one off issue with your O2 sensor your ECU should adjust itself after a few hours and it will go away. But if it's recurring, it's best to have a dealership check it to determine the real cause (O2 sensor faulty and needs replacing, loose vacuum hose, etc). But it should be covered under warranty for the MY07+ models.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby GT25 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Hey Arith.

I already feel inadequate driving an umodded car :( (apart from the JDM grille, and I don't think that counts).

Had a look in the fuse box and mine doesn't have the 2 plugs from the earlier models in there, and couldn't find em anywhere else obvious, so can't do the code check thing myself.

Looks like off to the dealer, for the 3rd time.

Thanks for the link matey.

Greg
GT25

Postby sundayDriver » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Same thing happened to me on Thursday morning. CEL light went on whilst crusing at 110km/h on hume highway. Car is completely stock except for a set of Volks.

so I pulled over and check the owners manual. the CEL is usually linked to the emissions control system. I call the 1800 number in the book and the guy says to go to a subaru dealership and have it checked out "...at my earliest convenience"." so that didn't sound like panic stations.

I had it checked out at Goulburn.

1) after the car sat in the parking lot for about 15min, when the mech. started it, the CEL didn't come on.

2) when he checked the computer, her couldn't find any recorded codes.

3) he test drove the car to make sure everything was ok, fine.

4) he reset the ECU.

so there you go. my theory now is that the ECU may have some kind of Y2K bug for Nov 2008. and that's why we've just seen this.

also, on the tuesday before it happened, I went to subaru for the recall fix. don't know if they did something to the ECU, maybe they flashed in something to record opensource modifications.
sundayDriver

Postby GT25 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Sounds like a different issue to mine.

CEL light has been on for 2 days now.

And last time this happened I unhooked the battery and left it overnight and the light came straight back on again when I hooked the battery up and started the car.

Will let y'all know what it is.

Greg
GT25

Postby Arith » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:57 pm

GT25 wrote:I already feel inadequate driving an umodded car :( (apart from the JDM grille, and I don't think that counts).

Haha. Sorry, Greg. Didn't mean it that way. Just wanted to jump on the fact that you had to point out that your was unmodified in your original post. Because these sort of issues will happen to anyone, modified or not.

And yes, even the change to a JDM grille is considered a mod (which is anything non-stock whether it be performance, appearance, or sound system).

But yeah, let the dealership diagnose and deal with it since you're still under warranty. When it happened on my MY05 GT (unmodified except for suspension) years ago, the CEL/Cruise Control lights came on, and then went off again. A week later it came back, and after booking an appointment with the deaer, it disappeared again. Then the 3rd time it came back and stayed. I finally brought it to the dealer who found it was a faulty O2 sensor.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby aussiematt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Funny this coming up now. By no coincidence, my MY07GTB did the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago.

Driving to work - 60k's an hour nothing happening, then all of sudden loses power, CEL comes on, SI flashing etc etc... Stopping, turning off etc did not reset it.

Called Subaru Canberra and took it straight in, tech hooked it up and told me it seemed one of the 3/4 computers got confused talking to one of the others...
No major issue apparently, but worries me if it starts doing this every 25000 k's and needs a reset by the dealer....

Freaky.
-> MY07 Regal Blue Liberty GT-B 6MT Sedan "YEZI" <-
aussiematt

Car: MY07 GT-B Sedan 6MT

Postby GT25 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Got mine looked at on Thursday by Sydney City Subaru.

They reckon there was a vacuum leak and they tightened the clamp on the offending hose.

Will have to wait and see if that was it.....

Greg
GT25

Postby Mano™ » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:23 pm

Talking about codes etc.. does anyone have the cod list an meanings for say MY04-MY08?
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Arith » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:13 pm

GT25 wrote:They reckon there was a vacuum leak and they tightened the clamp on the offending hose.

Really? But that's normally accompanied by a rough idle and a lot of shuddering. I'm surprised you didn't have those symptoms.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby GT25 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Arith wrote:
GT25 wrote:They reckon there was a vacuum leak and they tightened the clamp on the offending hose.

Really? But that's normally accompanied by a rough idle and a lot of shuddering. I'm surprised you didn't have those symptoms.

I reckon it was a teensie weensie vacuum leak. The car was running just fine.

Or they're telling me porkies.

We'll see. Sydney Subaru are usually pretty good.

Greg
GT25

Return to 2.5T engine specific