MY07 LGT Tune

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

MY07 LGT Tune

Postby Libertygt06 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:03 am

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. Seems to be a great resource, lots of great information.

I've recently bought a 2006 (MY07) Liberty GT, never owned a turbo Subaru before, I have owned a couple of N/A Foresters though. Love the LGT, good power and drives nice. The only real issue I have is the fuel economy is terrible. It's a complete stock standard LGT and I drive pretty sedately and get 15-16+ lts/100kms.

I drive it in S# mode only because I & S modes have a bit of lag in throttle response. I hear that a good tune should improve economy and provide additional power. Who in Melbourne is knowledgeable, and can do a good tune? I's appreciate some recommendations from people that have had this done. I guess I'm after a Stage 1 type tune. Cheers.
Libertygt06

Car: 2006 Subaru Liberty GT

Re: MY07 LGT Tune

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:12 am

You have a choice of e-tunes from anywhere, eg ThrottleHappy or Torqued Performance; or a dyno tune from eg gotitrex or revzone. Have a read of the tune faq link in my signature :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: MY07 LGT Tune

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:41 am

I asked my tuner, ThrottleHappy, to make all the SI drive throttle angles the same, he also added throttle as boost controller with 7, 12 & 15psi limits per SI mode: excellent!
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to 2.5T engine specific