Liberty GT 2014 premium Mods

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Liberty GT 2014 premium Mods

Postby daniellib » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

Hey guys,

New to the forum, been doing quite abit of research over the last few weeks. Coming from a forester S-edition, I'm wanting to do some mods to get the same or better performance.

These are the mods intended,
Dump pipe,
Drop-in filter,
Verticooler,
Plumb back BOV,
3-port
Tune

I own a tactrix which Matt (throttlehappy) tuned my forester with in which I was impressed. I would like to get him to tune again, but he is just sooo hard to get ahold of and return calls or emails.

I've been doing some research on dump-pipes. there is not many for the 2014, only for the 2009-2012. I am not sure if they fit.
Same with the Verticooler, I can do custom pipework and mounting but it would be nice for a straight fit. All the rest is pretty straight forward, I do want a nice JDM grill and RIms for it, to get rid of the Grandfather spec look of the car lol. Also planning on doing a stereo install, and I do have some questions that I will ask in the Audio section,

Thanks for you time

Dan
daniellib

Re: Liberty GT 2014 premium Mods

Postby daniellib » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 am

No one?
daniellib

Postby robcolts » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi Daniel

I have an MY10 GT and suggest you tune the ECU at the same time as upgrading the exhaust system (I did my tune first and will need to redo this with upcoming turbo back system). Not sure how much the MY14 has changed on the engine specifics compared to mine.

I am in WA and trust the guys at Maximum Motorsport. If you are in Sydney I believe Garage 88 can produce a turbo back system that will give you the most bang for your buck and includes a high flow cat - call Michael, he is pretty good on the mods for this engine.

With the engine having alot in common with the current WRX STI - lots of LGT engine mods share much in common with the STI (similar turbo layout and pipe etc.)

From my experience its a great car - just need to get it looking the goods! I have a fair bit of STI gear on mine and some crystal eye and JDM grill on the way! :D

All the best.

Cheers
Rob
Mods
STI exhaust, wheels, springs, flexible tower brace, front lip spoiler
Whiteline anti-sway bar
EcuTeK remapping
K2 Gear full duel centre pipe
Invidia high flow cat and dump
Crystaleye front headlight
robcolts

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby daniellib » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply, Sorry for the delay in replying, I didn't actually check it till now. I'm in WA, so I'll give garage88 a call and see what they say,

Im definatley going to change the front grill and rims, to make it look Non-grandpa ish, lol

Thanks again

Dan
daniellib

Postby muzza » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Hey mate, welcome.

Get yourself a dump and tune as best bang for buck, after the dump and front pipe there are little gains except a nicer note, mostly controlled by the the rear mufflers.
There's some lads in the US going bigger on the turbo but they can start to push the engine limits when you do that.

Matt has a ripper tune for the Gen V - be patient, he has been in hospital lately.

Personally I'd pass on the drop in filter, the oilable ones usually screw the AF meter and give the added bonus of more fine grit into your engine, with bugger all power gain.

All Gen V drive trains are the same, pre and post FL, so any Gen V dump will work.

A good investment is an AOS/catch can set up to stop the oil getting into the intake; it can be significant on even low kay engines if you give them some stick.

A new plumback BOV is good to ensure no boost leaks, with the bonus of some better noises if you drop off the milk bottle from the bottom of the air box.

AVO make a nice upsize intercooler that fits in the stock location, not sure if the verticooler fits in the Gen V?
Muzza
MY13 GT wagon auto - SOLD.
MY19 Golf R wagon current
muzza

Car: MY19 Golf R wagon

Return to 2.5T engine specific