Power advice

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks for advice lads
Last edited by Dutch54 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby Surge » Tue May 02, 2017 9:36 pm

I'd be wondering who tuned the car and which dyno was used to pull the figures.

Have you checked learningview recently ?
DIY romraider E85 tuned Subaru liberty GT Premium 2010 Auto.
New project: Lexus Soarer 2.5gtt jzz30 1992

[ACT]Free Tune help- Learning view, Romraider, ECU Flash
User avatar
Surge
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:28 pm
Location: ACT
Car: 2010 lib GT premium + Jzz30 soarer

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:39 am

Surge wrote:I'd be wondering who tuned the car and which dyno was used to pull the figures.

Have you checked learningview recently ?



What's learningview?
Sorry prob a stupid question haha
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 pm

All I've got is OBD2 device and dash command app on my phone. Am I able to get same results with that as learning view?
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby Surge » Wed May 03, 2017 4:40 pm

To be honest I have not used dash command.

In dash command I'm guessing you can check if your IAM = 1?

That would be a start.

But learningview is a nice way to see if your ecu has sensed knock and learned to pull timing anywhere.

Also it will tell you at different air flow / load ranges how the AFR looks .

There is a good discussion here on what to look out for:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18219

The software is free but you normally need a cable. The tactrix 2.0 cable is normally required for a post facelift gen 4 if I'm not wrong. Which is expensive.

There might be someone near you who can lend you one or your tuner might be able to check it for you?
DIY romraider E85 tuned Subaru liberty GT Premium 2010 Auto.
New project: Lexus Soarer 2.5gtt jzz30 1992

[ACT]Free Tune help- Learning view, Romraider, ECU Flash
User avatar
Surge
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:28 pm
Location: ACT
Car: 2010 lib GT premium + Jzz30 soarer

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Cool thanks I'll make some enquiries about tatrix cable
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 pm

Take a peek at the tune FAQ link in my sig for a primer :)
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8266
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:23 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Take a peek at the tune FAQ link in my sig for a primer :)


Thanks mate some excellent info there. I just need some time to get my head round it all
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu May 04, 2017 12:39 am

Long story short, be conservative with stock bottom end 2.5t.
Using btssm for gauges gives access to some important ssm parameters & lv that otherwise you'd be using romraider for.
The trick imho regardless of stock/mods is to ensure everything is running at peak efficiency, not power...
the latter being the product of the former.
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8266
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:56 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Long story short, be conservative with stock bottom end 2.5t.
Using btssm for gauges gives access to some important ssm parameters & lv that otherwise you'd be using romraider for.
The trick imho regardless of stock/mods is to ensure everything is running at peak efficiency, not power...
the latter being the product of the former.


So what your saying is I shouldn't be concerned about the power as long as the tune is right. But if there is a lack of power it would be cause of the tune yeah?
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Sorry, could be because of the tune
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu May 04, 2017 10:58 pm

I reread the op and reckon you should log it, specifically your inlet avcs vvt ocv angles. It's a common issue easily fixed, as is any inlet, boost and zorst leaks.
As regards the vf52, it's an early spooling stock turbo with slightly better top end, ie it will hold slightly more boost with less tapering of flow at high revs.
My buddy bass straightener, with similar mods made a safe max 200atw or slightly under w/ msr dyno tune.
Generally speaking anti detonation mods are one way to enable the stock ej255 long block with supporting mods to make 250osj wkw, eg e85, water/meth, water spray etc.
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8266
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:05 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:I reread the op and reckon you should log it, specifically your inlet avcs vvt ocv angles. It's a common issue easily fixed, as is any inlet, boost and zorst leaks.
As regards the vf52, it's an early spooling stock turbo with slightly better top end, ie it will hold slightly more boost with less tapering of flow at high revs.
My buddy bass straightener, with similar mods made a safe max 200atw or slightly under w/ msr dyno tune.
Generally speaking anti detonation mods are one way to enable the stock ej255 long block with supporting mods to make 250osj wkw, eg e85, water/meth, water spray etc.



Thanks again for all the info. I'll get a tatrix so I can log. The more I read into my issue, the more I thinks it's the Maf sensor based on others experiences. Seems to be a common topic on clubwrx in the US. Maybe with that sorted I might get a bit more power
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Re: Power advice

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri May 05, 2017 2:24 pm

An android w/ otg, $20 vagcom and btssm app will get u in the logging game for less ;)
User avatar
bigBADbenny
 
Posts: 8266
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Real name: Ben Richards
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Power advice

Postby Dutch54 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:03 am

.
Last edited by Dutch54 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dutch54
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Cronulla, Sydney
Car: MY08 GT Spec B Wagon

Next

Return to 2.5T engine specific

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests