Upgrades for MY07 2.5 GTB Automatic

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: Upgrades for MY07 2.5 GTB Automatic

Postby shav » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Lane wrote:Matt(KiDo) advises that it is best to tune to the worst case scenario rather than the best case scenario for the safest tune.

You won't always have brand new oil in there.

I can concur with the info from Matt's advice.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby lhuynh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 pm

So my service is due in November.

Would you guys recommend installing the dump pipe, organise the tune shortly after and then throw in the new oil, oil filter and air filter, upper engine clean etc??
lhuynh

Postby Lane » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 am

Yes.
Lane

Car: BMW 335i & RSV4 Factory

Postby MadmanSean » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:13 am

lhuynh wrote:So my service is due in November.

Would you guys recommend installing the dump pipe, organise the tune shortly after and then throw in the new oil, oil filter and air filter, upper engine clean etc??

Yes
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489
If you'd like to say thank you feel free to Buy me a coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sickchips
MadmanSean

Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Postby lhuynh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Finally had the down pipe and tune done. Definately wakes the car up.

Another newbie question. How much abuse can the automatic transmission take? the over revving makes me nervous.
lhuynh

Postby shav » Tue May 01, 2018 9:54 am

lhuynh wrote:Finally had the down pipe and tune done. Definately wakes the car up.

Another newbie question. How much abuse can the automatic transmission take? the over revving makes me nervous.

It can take quite a bit, but it can come down to how the trans has been treated over its lifetime. How are you with servicing it? Regular or bare minimum?
Mine over revs when going up a steep hill I have noticed but not often. Its like the fluid goes to the back of the pan and makes the car rev until the fluid balances itself out. When this happens I just dont push it. Putting it in intelligent mode helps make it shift sooner I have noticed when on an incline. Just be aware of it. Take care of it with regular services. It will be fine.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby lhuynh » Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Car has had an easy life up until the tune last week. Havent changed transmission oil yet and is currently at 186k. I do intend to have it changed soon after tune.

Before tune car felt sluggish and so never pushed it hard. On the way back from workshop i was exploring the new found responsiveness on the freeway, mashed the pedal and it shot up to 6k and it felt the gears didnt catch up to it. freaked me out and so i backed off immediately.

would the over revving wear down the gear box?

With a tune and hard acceleration from the lights here and there blow a gearbox?
lhuynh

Postby shav » Wed May 02, 2018 5:01 pm

lhuynh wrote:Car has had an easy life up until the tune last week. Havent changed transmission oil yet and is currently at 186k. I do intend to have it changed soon after tune.

Before tune car felt sluggish and so never pushed it hard. On the way back from workshop i was exploring the new found responsiveness on the freeway, mashed the pedal and it shot up to 6k and it felt the gears didnt catch up to it. freaked me out and so i backed off immediately.

would the over revving wear down the gear box?

With a tune and hard acceleration from the lights here and there blow a gearbox?

Doubt it. But Id get the trans serviced sooner rather than later if you havent done it. Some fresh oil will do it good.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Previous

Return to 2.5T engine specific