Mod plans for 07 TBSTi

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Mod plans for 07 TBSTi

Postby tbsti » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:41 am

Hey guys,

Have a couple of questions to ask that most likely have been covered already haha.

In the new year, I will finally be purchasing some performance mods for my 07 TBSTi and of course a tune (after much procrastination). These include:

- Silicone inlet
http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... -blue.html

- CAI
http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/cobb-t ... 11-sti-grb

TBE
- dump --> http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... matic.html
- catback --> http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... -tips.html

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these particular mods, especially the PSR silicone inlet, and any feedback on them or other suggestions. I'm set on getting the Invidia dump and Q300 catback but just wanted to know of any first-hand experience with the other mods.

Thanks! :)
2007 Liberty GT-B Tuned by STi #61 of 300

Invidia TBE - Invidia catted dump pipe + Q300 catback, PSR silicone inlet + SFB, COBB CAI, DW65c fuel pump, Grimmspeed 3-port boost solenoid, AVO silicone throttle body hose, Diamond Works SI-Drive cover in black, DAMD D-Shaped steering wheel with red stitching, Zerosports radiator shroud and scoop splitter and Turbosmart boost gauge mounted on air vent at base of A-Pillar. Safe tune @ 16psi, 150awkw.
tbsti

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Tuned by STi
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25888

Re: Mod plans for 07 TBSTi

Postby vinshonz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:18 pm

I bought my car 2 months ago, i've already done most the bolt ones except for bigger turbo & 3port

I went with AVO TBE cause i love the thick cast iron dump instead of invidias thin dump
fitment was perfect except rear 02 sensor had to cut heatshield a little bit

When i did my research about silicone inlets, this forums recommends Kobe's silicone inlet + SFB, didnt have to trim my engine cover at all

As for CAI, that Cobb one has a box around it to block the engine heat which is pretty good, some might argue ingaurd CAI is better
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Postby crazyricochet » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:04 am

Like many here I have the Kobe Motorsports silicone inlet too, it does the job fine seems similar to the PSR one. Compared it directly with an AVO silicone inlet the walls of the AVO one are more rigid than mine and simply do not flex as much, you do not want these things sucking themselves shut while under load.

As for the CAI, the Process West one is on sale for cheaper, it looks clean located out of the engine bay with the filter sitting inside the wheel guard.
http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... 08-13.html

The Invidia dump was the 2nd thing I put on the car, I got the aus spec version for my manual it fit fine, installed it in my driveway no clearance issues with the steering knuckle like you may have heard with the older invidia dump pipes, I would recommend it.

The Q300 catback sounds nice on other Subaru's I've heard and is probably the cheapest bolt on catback with quad tips, fitment should be ok!

Happy modding.
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby tbsti » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:26 am

Cool, thanks for the replies guys!

Is there a member on here that I can PM directly regarding the silicone inlets (Kobe/AVO)? Or should I continue researching on the google machine (japanparts, etc).

crazyricochet wrote:Like many here I have the Kobe Motorsports silicone inlet too, it does the job fine seems similar to the PSR one. Compared it directly with an AVO silicone inlet the walls of the AVO one are more rigid than mine and simply do not flex as much, you do not want these things sucking themselves shut while under load.

As for the CAI, the Process West one is on sale for cheaper, it looks clean located out of the engine bay with the filter sitting inside the wheel guard.
http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... 08-13.html

The Invidia dump was the 2nd thing I put on the car, I got the aus spec version for my manual it fit fine, installed it in my driveway no clearance issues with the steering knuckle like you may have heard with the older invidia dump pipes, I would recommend it.

The Q300 catback sounds nice on other Subaru's I've heard and is probably the cheapest bolt on catback with quad tips, fitment should be ok!

Happy modding.

You say the Kobe is good but the AVO is a bit more sturdy, would you have rather had gone with the AVO inlet or are you happy with the Kobe, James? Especially with a built engine? I'm not after huge numbers once it comes to tuning, just after gains over what I already have! :D
That PW CAI will fit as well? Even though it says it is for 08- STi's? (I assume WRX's)

Thanks for the info :)
2007 Liberty GT-B Tuned by STi #61 of 300

Invidia TBE - Invidia catted dump pipe + Q300 catback, PSR silicone inlet + SFB, COBB CAI, DW65c fuel pump, Grimmspeed 3-port boost solenoid, AVO silicone throttle body hose, Diamond Works SI-Drive cover in black, DAMD D-Shaped steering wheel with red stitching, Zerosports radiator shroud and scoop splitter and Turbosmart boost gauge mounted on air vent at base of A-Pillar. Safe tune @ 16psi, 150awkw.
tbsti

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Tuned by STi
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25888

Postby vinshonz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:46 pm

for Kobe items - speak to Jackson viewtopic.php?f=68&t=20888
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
vinshonz

Postby Whacky_ricer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:02 am

Speaking of Jackson, i think he might be away currently, no reply on PMs. Anyone know where he is/when he'll be back? (Badly need a new TBH)
Whacky_ricer

Car: 2005 Subaru Liberty GT (Sedan, 5MT)

Postby crazyricochet » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:15 pm

I was happy with it until I squeezed the different brand inlet and noticed the flex, although so far it hasn't given me any issues. Next time I would have splashed out on the AVO part.

Other parts I've purchased from Jackson in the past have been fine though. Not knocking him or anything
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby vinshonz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:07 pm

i think aslong as its doing what its supposed to do and not collapse, its fine..

at the time i was looking for one, Kobe had christmas special was on $180, AVO was $360

definitely no brainer to save some money for other mods :D

vinshonz

Postby dfindave » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Looking at mostly the same mods for my Auto 07 liberty and wondering what the difference is between these two....

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... matic.html

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... d-sti.html (this one says catless in description but picture shows a cat and it says it includes a 100 cel cat?)

Is the first option likely the better option?
dfindave

Car: 07 Liberty

Postby vinshonz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:10 pm

dfindave wrote:Looking at mostly the same mods for my Auto 07 liberty and wondering what the difference is between these two....

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... matic.html

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... d-sti.html (this one says catless in description but picture shows a cat and it says it includes a 100 cel cat?)

Is the first option likely the better option?

i think manual and auto is different, it needs to bend to avoid the transmission on a auto, so buy one that made for your car.

ps i think they both have cats

vinshonz

Return to 2.5T engine specific