power loss

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

power loss

Postby morgzz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Hey guys, been lurking around the forums for a while before i purchased my MY09 liberty spec B auto about a month ago and am absolutely loving it.

as much as i am enjoying the car, i have noticed a little problem occurring very frequently. Now to put it simple, If i have it in S or S# mode, around the 2000rpm to 3500rpm range in particular, in 3rd or 4th gear, for example, it feels like there is no boost, but if i take my foot off the accelerator and reapply it takes off again in full boost even at the same rev range, if i keep my foot down it still feels like the turbo is not spooling and holding back as if its in Intelligent mode, however sometimes it seems like it will all of a sudden just" kick" in and it pulls full boost.

This doesnt happen all the time tho, and also feels like it is happening in Drive where i cant really tell as if i put my foot down it loves to kick back to an unnecessary gear and i cannot tell if it is happening or not.

Sorry if this has been answered before on the forums, i have looked around a bit and not found anything similar.

Its going in to docklands to get a service next week, is there anything i should be pointing out to them? i'm sure if i explain to them they would know what the issue is?
morgzz

Car: MY09 liberty Spec B

Re: power loss

Postby Jake.h71 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Hey Mate,
Do you have an update?

Kind regards
Jake
Jake.h71

Car: o4 liberty

Re: power loss

Postby morgzz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:31 am

no update yet, its been sitting in my garage as i am driving a company car, its going to docklands hopefully Wednesday, If anyone knows what it could be i could at least get them to look at it? if not i will keep this post updated with the problem if they find anything.

cheers
morgzz

Car: MY09 liberty Spec B

Return to 2.5T engine specific