Hi Guys looking at plans for modding the liberty

already bought a vf52 turbo

shopping list already planned:
AVO turboback
kobe silicone intake + sfb
kobe fuel pump
turbosmart kompact bov
mac 3 port

now TMIC is still a dilemma for me, too many choices...
done some research and here are my results:
AVO V2 TMIC -Smallest and cheapest
Perrin - Largest in the class?
ProcessWest - comes with hood scoop duct
GrimmSpeed- comes with hood scoop duct
Mishimoto - fits under sti strut brace

anyone owned one of these please share pros and cons, if you can turn back time what would of bought differently?
i'd also prefer if they under the engine cover with some trimming

cheers guys
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Re: Lets talk TMIC!

Postby jslayz » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:43 am

As an ex Process west owner, was a sound unit, thumbs up
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby crazyricochet » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:24 am

Have the Mishimoto, very happy with how it performs and it fits under the engine cover keeping that stock stealthy look.

The Mishimoto's price has gone up a few hundred since I bought so now they are pretty close to $1000 new these days.

The Process West is larger and is the best performing TMIC due to it's great size and the kit can be had for $1100

If I had to buy new today, I'd just spend the extra $100 on the Process West and just lose the engine cover because cutting the cover in half looks like balls. The Mishimoto is overpriced now :P
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby vinshonz » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:32 am

jslayz wrote:As an ex Process west owner, was a sound unit, thumbs up

I dont think this fits under the engine cover right?
Its so big, only picture i found is someone cutting the engine cover in half

crazyricochet wrote:Have the Mishimoto, very happy with how it performs and it fits under the engine cover keeping that stock stealthy look.

The Mishimoto's price has gone up a few hundred since I bought so now they are pretty close to $1000 new these days.

The Process West is larger and is the best performing TMIC due to it's great size and the kit can be had for $1100

If I had to buy new today, I'd just spend the extra $100 on the Process West and just lose the engine cover because cutting the cover in half looks like balls. The Mishimoto is overpriced now :P

I was going to buy mishimoto this was because of ur build thread and states it fits under sti brace and engine cover! Then when i got some quotes, this unit had its priced bumped up $200 :angry2:
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
vinshonz

Postby 77T » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:34 am

Mate of mine had the APS top mount,made 220kw atw with it
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:02 am

If you're upgrading or not, get an auto water spray w/ manual override for stoplights on hot days to keep heat soak at bay :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby andy_mac » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Pretty sure you can rule out the grimmspeed unit. Hits the master cylinder from memory. Its talked about somewhere in the development thread on LGT.com, just a pain trying to find it in there.

Processwest gets way more positive remarks than any of the 'semi' standard position options like the Avo and Perrin. Plus its a crap load bigger, but no way of it fitting under the engine cover.
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

Postby shav » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:10 pm

crazyricochet wrote:Have the Mishimoto, very happy with how it performs and it fits under the engine cover keeping that stock stealthy look.

^^^ This. I went the Mishimoto also only because of the group buy a year or so ago. So cheap at the time that it was too good to refuse. Now that the price is close to AVO/PW prices, I would go the better units. They come with the shroud which aids the air flow a lot better than stock. For the minimal extra $$$ over Mishimoto its a no brainer.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby vinshonz » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:14 pm

77T wrote:Mate of mine had the APS top mount,made 220kw atw with it

APS stop making performance parts along time ago...
http://www.airpowersystems.com/products_aus.html
doesnt even list a liberty there, so are you talking about ur mates wrx?

bigBADbenny wrote:If you're upgrading or not, get an auto water spray w/ manual override for stoplights on hot days to keep heat soak at bay :)

too much effort for miniscule results, guess why they removed it on 07+ STi's

andy_mac wrote:Pretty sure you can rule out the grimmspeed unit. Hits the master cylinder from memory. Its talked about somewhere in the development thread on LGT.com, just a pain trying to find it in there.

Processwest gets way more positive remarks than any of the 'semi' standard position options like the Avo and Perrin. Plus its a crap load bigger, but no way of it fitting under the engine cover.

Did not know that!, -1 vote Grimmspeed and +1 vote for ProcessWest

shav wrote:^^^ This. I went the Mishimoto also only because of the group buy a year or so ago. So cheap at the time that it was too good to refuse. Now that the price is close to AVO/PW prices, I would go the better units. They come with the shroud which aids the air flow a lot better than stock. For the minimal extra $$$ over Mishimoto its a no brainer.

AVO v2 TMIC is about $800
PW is about $1100

alot of votes for the ProcessWest

vinshonz

Postby norbs » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:18 pm

PW all the way. Best design out there. Most others are just a thicker stock unit. Toss the engine cover or buy a 2nd hand one and cut it.
'05 Lib GT with a few mods :-)
norbs

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:34 pm

+1 for PW.

It also fits under the strut brace. Supports a lot of torque and stays coooool* :mrgreen: (*close to ambient temp...when you're moving :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ).

The Liberty/WRX style PW TMIC isn't as good as the Sti style PW ones or even the PW Verticoolers, but the others are too hard to fit (if at all possible).

Water spray isn't for "gains". It's a great option for many reasons.

I've had the AVO TMIC - (exactly the same as Mishimoto, they and a bunch of other companies are just copying that design) - don't waste your time/money.

Speak to Adam from Tuspeed about doing a better deal on the PW kit. I've bought 3 sets from him now, and didn't pay $1100 at any one time.

Some engine bay pics from over the years :)

Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby crazyricochet » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Anyone wanna buy my mishimoto TMIC? lol
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby shav » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:25 pm

crazyricochet wrote:Anyone wanna buy my mishimoto TMIC? lol

let me guess, you want 1k ono? LOL :lol:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby fedaykin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:31 pm

The ProcessWest cooler is thick! :assassin:
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby Deagle » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:37 pm

@Vinshonz - Have you made the purchase yet? I'm looking at purchasing a process west tmic for my my07 lib sti - not sure if if it's worth seeing if we can get a discount for 2 units?
Cheers.
Deagle

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty - Tuned by STI

Return to 2.5T engine specific