Park light trouble - wont go off

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Park light trouble - wont go off

Postby Gtb08 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi all
I have a 2008 Liberty GT - an issue just arose where the park lights will not switch off. they stay on when the ignition is off, keys out lights off. i have to pull the 15A fuse under the dash to stop the battery going flat. ONLY the front park and rear park lamos stay on. the number plate lamps and head lamps stay off unless switched on.

I see that when I plug the fuse in, the relay under the bonnet "HID relay' clicks on and off. I swapped the relay out to eliminate and the next relay does the same. it is getting constant power.

I get there must be an issue somewhere making power available to the relay. Any thoughts on where to look first?
should the HID relay be operating the park lights?
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Re: Park light trouble - wont go off

Postby amprok » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Check the switch on top of the steering wheel column
amprok

Car: Liberty 07 STI Wagon 6MT

Postby Gtb08 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:14 pm

amprok wrote:Check the switch on top of the steering wheel column

thanks legend!!... hadn't even noticed that switch... wifes car, so am not driving it much.
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Postby trolley » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Gtb08 wrote:
amprok wrote:Check the switch on top of the steering wheel column

thanks legend!!... hadn't even noticed that switch... wifes car, so am not driving it much.

After owning my GTB for about 4-5 years I discovered this switch the hard way and did the same thing.... :oops: at least the steering column was now clean??
trolley

Car: 2007 GT Spec B

Return to 2.5T engine specific