COBB Tuning on MY07

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

COBB Tuning on MY07

Postby suff » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi Guys

Now that COBB Tuning have maps for CAN based ECU's.. can we start looking at using them on AUD models? I notice that the US premium fuel is 94RON, so using 95/98 RON here would be an option..

http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/sub ... ATv101.pdf

Thats the specific map I am looking at.. open to suggestions.
Daily : BMW E90 335i Sedan
Chasing 320RWHP ... FOUND (341RWHP) + Semi Slicks
Coming - APR FMIC, APR DP & Quaiffe Diff (finally)
suff

Car: E90 335i sedan

Postby Boxer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:00 pm

suff,

I think you will find that so far they only support tunes for US models. Email them and ask for them to consider tuning Oz cars
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Re: COBB Tuning on MY07

Postby Ric » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 pm

suff wrote:I notice that the US premium fuel is 94RON, so using 95/98 RON here would be an option..

US octane numbers are calculated differently to ours, so they are not directly comparable.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby swingn » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:54 pm

I think COBB is the brand that do stuff for MPS3's (Will double check that at a later date).

If it is the brand I'm thinking of, COBB have actually sent a person in the Mazda club a unit for free so it can be set up / tested for the ADM models etc.

Might be worth getting in contact with them to see if they are interested in expanding into the Aussie market... Considering Australia is Subaru's largest market outside of Japan, it may be a good idea for them :D
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Re: COBB Tuning on MY07

Postby suff » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Ric wrote:
suff wrote:I notice that the US premium fuel is 94RON, so using 95/98 RON here would be an option..

US octane numbers are calculated differently to ours, so they are not directly comparable.

Hi Ric, from memory the difference is about 2.6% .. so 98RON will still be more than sufficent.

Swingn.. interesting.. Ill get in touch with them now.. I can not see any technical reason why the maps would not work..
suff

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:58 am

I will tell right now they are not interested in the australian market. I have been to their Salt Lake City office and workshop. Fantastic facilities and top notch products. AccessPort is what we all want and need for tuninig Can BUS but....not likely to happen imo.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby suff » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:32 pm

The question still remains though.. why wouldnt the Access Port work on AUDM cars?
suff

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:46 pm

suff wrote:The question still remains though.. why wouldnt the Access Port work on AUDM cars?

It may well but you would only get base maps from Cobb based on USDM petrol and cars. You would then then tuner who could use it. To date nobody to my knowledge has ventured to try and Cobb obviously aren't interested in providing any of their limited warranty for the product. Buy one off legacygt.com then plug and play but not with my car thanks.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby Boxer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 pm

......from a friends queries into Cobb

- the reply:

The AccessPORT most likely will not connect to Australian vehicles. They have different ECU parameters that we would need to work into the programming on the AccessPORT before they would be able to communicate.
There may also be the question of developing calibrations for different ambient conditions (elevation, fuel octane, etc) to fully take advantage of the AccessPORT's capabilities.

thus far have only branched out to the Japanese market via two companies (Nukabe and Prova).

Boxer

Postby Boxer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:14 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:I will tell right now they are not interested in the australian market. I have been to their Salt Lake City office and workshop. Fantastic facilities and top notch products. AccessPort is what we all want and need for tuninig Can BUS but....not likely to happen imo.

Comments were made other markets were being considered. I'd guess more interest would speed up the process.

They have already cracked the Jap market which is one of the toughest

Boxer

Return to 2.5T engine specific