They sold me a dud *sigh*

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: They sold me a dud *sigh*

Postby clarcus » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:50 pm

steventhechef wrote:Sorry to hear that it has been an unpleasant start. In the end your lucky that that are doing the bottom end under warranty. Good outcome even if you have to wait a few weeks.

Yeah man, I know. When i bought the car from them i already got them down 2500 from the asking price. And I've already had the clutch done through warranty as well. They've definitely lost money on this car :O.
clarcus

Car: Liberty GT Spec B

Postby Jack_Keaka » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:38 pm

this seems all too common with A) MRT anything and B) subaru motors of this age.
just count your lucky stars theyre fixing this now at no cost to you.
don't know how many threads on this forum end with this story and and empty pocket and a for sale thread two weeks later.
and 2 weeks on an engine rebuilt sounded optimistic for a regular workshop!

good to hear its getting sorted
Boostaddict wrote:Holy shit.... I want a gen 3 again!!!! :D
Jack_Keaka

Car: Nissan Skyline R33 + R36 Passat
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18091

Postby shav » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:58 am

I really feel for you dude. I dont wish this on anyone, but as Jack said, be thankful you are not forking out for it cash wise. It should be worth the wait. Just document all conversations you'd had with whom, as well as visits, email correspondence, what you talked about all in a diary, time of the conversation etc. This information is valuable in case you need to approach the ACCC.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby clarcus » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Any of you guys reckon they would re-map or re-flash the ecu with the stock tune after all of this?
clarcus

Postby shav » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:46 pm

clarcus wrote:Any of you guys reckon they would re-map or re-flash the ecu with the stock tune after all of this?

I would certainly recommend getting the current tune looked at post build. In saying that, everything should be fine. But to be safe, get it looked at. I know you can't go flogging the car for the first 1500km anyway to let it run in.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Depending on where you are I will reflash the stock tune back on for free
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby clarcus » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Depending on where you are I will reflash the stock tune back on for free

Thanks man, Im in Sydney. But i'll probably drive it around the way it is now until I've run the engine in then i'll get it re-tuned.
clarcus

Postby clarcus » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Also the so called "loan car" I've been driving around has been sold :O. They wanted me to drive it back to the dealership and they'll swap it with another car but i can't manage that with work and all. So i think there gonna come all the way out to the Shire where i work to swap the cars around.

Maaan, i had none of these problems with the old Mazda Astina i had. With any luck my car will be finished by christmas :L
clarcus

Postby clarcus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:33 pm

UPDATE! Less then 24hrs later of getting the car back from the dealer with the new bottom end it got written off :(
I ended up buying that car back from the insurance for $2500 and re-sold it for $5500.

I was driving a nissan cube for about 5-6 months until i brought this beautiful thing.

Am now selling it (Im on green P's and this is banned :O), and have purchased another Liberty Gt Spec B 2008 6MT 44,000km on the clock. Currently on a truck coming up from South Australia.
clarcus

Postby 77T » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Did you deliberately smash it for insurance? I dont blame you if you did :)
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Postby clarcus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:04 pm

77T wrote:Did you deliberately smash it for insurance? I dont blame you if you did :)

haha noo. I had a "microsleep" and lost control. Took down a pole, side airbags deployed. Cops, Ambulance and Fire Brigade all rocked up. Sad moment for me.
clarcus

Postby mpoli » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 am

I have the same issue with oil usage. Compared to mine you are lucky you got it off a dealer. I bought mine private sale and spent way too much fixing it and still have piston ring issues since the mechanic that recon my heads and did my timing refused to talk to me when he was working on it....would of been much easier just getting a new block. Probably going to look at selling it and getting a 4wd for country / dirt roads soon.
You had it insured for how much u had into it?
mpoli

Car: 07 Liberty GT tbSTI

Postby fedaykin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:13 am

clarcus wrote:
77T wrote:Did you deliberately smash it for insurance? I dont blame you if you did :)

haha noo. I had a "microsleep" and lost control. Took down a pole, side airbags deployed. Cops, Ambulance and Fire Brigade all rocked up. Sad moment for me.

If you did a 180 and had the rear bumper reo take the hit, you'd be fine :P (I microslept and rear ended a 4th gen wagon in my GT-R at 20 or so km/h, I had a bent reo and the Subi got a free bumper + paint, had existing damage but I caused no damage).
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby clarcus » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm

mpoli wrote:I have the same issue with oil usage. Compared to mine you are lucky you got it off a dealer. I bought mine private sale and spent way too much fixing it and still have piston ring issues since the mechanic that recon my heads and did my timing refused to talk to me when he was working on it....would of been much easier just getting a new block. Probably going to look at selling it and getting a 4wd for country / dirt roads soon.
You had it insured for how much u had into it?

So it was insured for market value which ended up being a grand more then what i brought it for. I put $0 into that car everything i got done to it was through warranty. I then brought the back from the insurance for $2500 and flipped for $5500. So in the end i was still ahead.
clarcus

Postby clarcus » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:43 pm

fedaykin wrote:
clarcus wrote:

If you did a 180 and had the rear bumper reo take the hit, you'd be fine :P (I microslept and rear ended a 4th gen wagon in my GT-R at 20 or so km/h, I had a bent reo and the Subi got a free bumper + paint, had existing damage but I caused no damage).

Haha yeah i did do a 180 lol. i caused a lot more damage to it then just the rear reo. Virtually every panel was damaged from sliding through the bushes, i somehow managed to fuck the rad suppt, puncture the fuel tank, completely buckled suspension on one side from hitting the gutter not to mention the rear where the beaver, boot floor and extensions and rails where completely annihilated.
If i'm going to hit my car, im going to do a good job haha
clarcus

PreviousNext

Return to 2.5T engine specific