Does anyone use (or know of) Blouch 3Port Boost Solenoids?

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: Does anyone use (or know of) Blouch 3Port Boost Solenoid

Postby tom_kauf » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:40 pm

I had a chance to sell my Blouch 3Port, so I did that and bought a Cobb one with a bracket that is specifically made for LGT 8). It's great!

Comes with metal hose connectors, which is better than the plastic Blouch ones imo.
Seems to be the same 'MAC' brand solenoid that Blouch and a lot of others eg Grimspeed use.

*Can highly recommend them for anyone who wants a professional looking install (no cable ties), and anyone too short on time to make a custom bracket.*

I also used the original clamps instead of cable ties for an extra-stock look, but they were a huge PITA to get on (the new silicon hoses have a thicker sidewall). They weren't made to be used on the new hose, I was just determined to lol. Thanks to Tim for giving me one of his clamps :D (he was happy with cable ties). The stock setup only has 4, but you need a toal of 5 - or just use the cable ties provided.

[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby kiwigene » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Nice work. Looks just like my original install (before silicone intake went in) :wink:

Assume you have it retuned?
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22087

Postby tom_kauf » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:31 pm

kiwigene wrote:Nice work. Looks just like my original install (before silicone intake went in) :wink:

Assume you have it retuned?

Ah ok, cool. I think because of noise, I'll keep the stock intake - but they are great in every other way.

Yeah, Matt/KiDo sent me the new tune a while ago. But because I waited until I had a 3Port that fitted well, I only just loaded the new tune.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Postby tom_kauf » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:38 pm

And thanks for reminding me about freight forwarders :). My old Shipito.com account was still open. Was free postage within the US, and then something like $11 to me (instead of $50+)
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Next

Return to 2.5T engine specific