Price for short block

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: Price for short block

Postby ferret89 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:45 am

peadya100 wrote:How would a buyer know the engine number has changed? 99.9% of people don't even look at that. Rego papers only show the current engine number, not the history of engine numbers.
Plus the sort of person that's going to buy a modified GT is going to love the fact it'll have an STI semi closed deck short block.

+1 I would have been stoked if it had an STI block in this car when I bought it :lol:
All I had to do with engine numbers was notify QLD transport of the new engine number, although they wanted proof from my mechanic they wouldn't just take my word for it

As long as it has been done by a reputable mechanic (like MSR)
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby THE SpecB » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:04 am

peadya100 wrote:How would a buyer know the engine number has changed? 99.9% of people don't even look at that. Rego papers only show the current engine number, not the history of engine numbers.
Plus the sort of person that's going to buy a modified GT is going to love the fact it'll have an STI semi closed deck short block.

You would need to advise new owner engine is not matching numbers.
Newport Blueeeee
THE SpecB

Car: Newport Blue SpecB GT

Postby peadya100 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:32 pm

Haha you don't need to notify the owner of anything... the rego paper states all the numbers, and as long as those numbers match the numbers on the car, that's all they care about.
And besides, when I sell the car I'd be telling the owner it has a brand new STI block as its a selling point. Bare in mind I won't be selling it as a stock car so think about the audience it will attract.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Previous

Return to 2.5T engine specific