Mishimoto TMIC for 07 Liberty GT

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Mishimoto TMIC for 07 Liberty GT

Postby Phong1704 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Happy Friday Guys & Girls!

Just hoping for some feedback for those who have gone and installed a Mishimoto TMIC with kompact BOV on stock vf46 tubro... I'm planning on vf52 in the future but dollars are limited at this stage so I'm taking baby steps.

1. is this more of a supporting mod or are there significant gains?
2. did you notice much of a difference after tune on the bum dyno?
3. Is the kompact BOV loud with stock air intake box on an auto? I tried to youtube this but all the clips had CAIs
4. Would you recommend this mod?

Any feedback would be great as my knowledge is extremely limited.

Cheeerrs!
Phong1704

Car: 07 Liberty GT Spec B!tcchh!

Re: Mishimoto TMIC for 07 Liberty GT

Postby zero1 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:06 pm

1. Tmic would be best a supporting mod with other upgrades and a tune, the manufacture says guaranteed 5+ kw but each set up is different.

2. Found abit more torque at lower rpms while driving

3.the kompact bov to my knowledge is not atmos. Venting so you shouldn't have a noise like the 50/50's.

4. As a stand alone mod if your tight on $$ prob not but that's just my opinion go dump pipe instead
DRINK APPLE JUICE COZ OJ WILL KILL YOU
zero1
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty TbSti

Postby shav » Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm

1. Definitely supported my mods more consistently.
2. Like xero1 I noticed more torque in all rev ranges with less throttle applied
3. From what I have heard it is loud compared to stock noise if venting. Would definitely plumb it back. Im running the OEM by pass valve still.
4. Absolutely. I have found the TMIC was in my opinion the most noticeable change I did to my car. More consistent power now post tune.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Phong1704 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Hey Zero1, I've currently got dump pipe and mid pipes to stock mufflers as I didn't want a loud car, I've also got a 3 port and tune.

I was wondering if I would feel any increase on the bum dyno getting TMIC but I understand now it's more of a supporting mod which is still good. Regarding the BOV I'm not looking to vent to atmosphere, I want it stealth, but the inner child in me wants a little bit louder than stock but thanks for your advice about 50/50.

Shave - I can't tell you how many times I've read your build thread :lol: ... love what you've done to your car and I too am hoping to go down the vf52 route. Can I ask why you choose to stick with the stock BPV?

Seems to me like you're both telling me to get the TMIC. lol

...this forum has been horrible to the wallet!
Phong1704

Postby zero1 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:59 pm

+1 on the wallet its definitely not a cheap passion =)

I also am going for the stealth look/sound. I recently put a cobb intake on and couldn't stand the sound, so it will come off when Matt comes back for a retune. You would definately feel a difference if you did all your mods at once and get a tune, doing incrementally I suggest the changes wont make your car feel very different for each mod you do but each to their own.

the main thing is you mod to your tastes and likings, my car is a daily so I like more power and response down low and don't really need high end power. yours might be different. I jumped on the Mishimoto TMIC honestly b/c its a bloody awesome price at the time and 50% of the fins on my OEM TMIC were bent/stuffed up.
zero1
-stickered-

Postby Phong1704 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:42 am

zero1 wrote:+1 on the wallet its definitely not a cheap passion =)

I also am going for the stealth look/sound. I recently put a cobb intake on and couldn't stand the sound, so it will come off when Matt comes back for a retune. You would definately feel a difference if you did all your mods at once and get a tune, doing incrementally I suggest the changes wont make your car feel very different for each mod you do but each to their own.

the main thing is you mod to your tastes and likings, my car is a daily so I like more power and response down low and don't really need high end power. yours might be different. I jumped on the Mishimoto TMIC honestly b/c its a bloody awesome price at the time and 50% of the fins on my OEM TMIC were bent/stuffed up.

I completely agree with you regarding the difference in feeling after each mod. the initial tune was amazing, ignorantly I expected the same different after exhaust and 3 port.... I was mistaken. though there definitely was a different a fair amount of torque but nothing like the impact of the initial tune.

Did you feel much of a difference after TMIC and tune Zero1? I think Mishimoto's TMIC with BOV is the best bargain buy for intercooler and I'm keen to do it.

What other mods do you have? do you have a build thread?
Phong1704

Postby Shaheenis » Sat May 30, 2015 8:53 am

On stock turbo I wouldn't expect any significant difference to feel or power by installing a new TMIC. This way you won't be dissapointed and everything is a bonus :). It is good insurance that your factory TMIC end tanks won't leak and you have increased cooling capacity. If you are planning a larger turbo like a VF52 the benefits of a larger IC will increase as the factory TMIC would become more restrictive. There is a bunch of info on my members page and in the original Mishimoto thread. Have fun.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby shav » Sat May 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Phong1704 wrote:Shave - I can't tell you how many times I've read your build thread :lol: ... love what you've done to your car and I too am hoping to go down the vf52 route. Can I ask why you choose to stick with the stock BPV?

Seems to me like you're both telling me to get the TMIC. lol

...this forum has been horrible to the wallet!

Not a worry mate. My build is just basic bolt on stuff. Just wanting to take things step by step.

As for why I stuck with stock BPV, well that is because Matt reckons there is nothing wrong with it. It is still holding boost and sealing well so why bother changing. Plus I can still hear it when on boost, just not as loud as an aftermarket unit.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby zero1 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Phong1704 wrote:
zero1 wrote:+1 on the wallet its definitely not a cheap passion =)

I completely agree with you regarding the difference in feeling after each mod. the initial tune was amazing, ignorantly I expected the same different after exhaust and 3 port.... I was mistaken. though there definitely was a different a fair amount of torque but nothing like the impact of the initial tune.

Did you feel much of a difference after TMIC and tune Zero1? I think Mishimoto's TMIC with BOV is the best bargain buy for intercooler and I'm keen to do it.

What other mods do you have? do you have a build thread?

After the TMIC install and tune could definately feel a difference in torque driving at 3000+ rpm. noticeable and definately nice mod. I don't have a build thread on the forum but the main mods I have pretty much are standard to most of the guys here:

- PhatGT dump pipe
- Mishimoto TMIC
- Turbosmart Kompact BOV
- Upgraded radiator
- Pierberg 3 Port Boost Solenoid
- LED foglights and Parkers
- full LED interior conversion
- JDM spec b honeycomb grill
zero1
-stickered-

Postby TheFirstEskimo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:48 pm

zero1 wrote:I recently put a cobb intake on and couldn't stand the sound, so it will come off when Matt comes back for a retune.

Did you end up taking it off and if so, do you still have it? I'm chasing one.
TheFirstEskimo

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21725

Postby zero1 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:05 pm

nah, I sold it off long time ago sorry buddy,

trawl through, ebay the lib forums im sure an intake pops up from time to time
zero1
-stickered-

Postby TheFirstEskimo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:41 pm

No worries bud. I'm more of an impulse buyer, but I'll keep my eyes open :)
TheFirstEskimo

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21725

Return to 2.5T engine specific