Occasional white smoke

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Occasional white smoke

Postby Frame007 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi All,
Long time lurker, rare poster.
I have an 08 GT-B Auto Sedan with 144,000km on it.
2 primary issues I have at the moment that I would love some advice with.
1. My car is parked on a nose down slope in my driveway each night (its about 12-13 degrees down), and takes quite alot of throttle to reverse up each morning. Occasionally (once or twice a fortnight) on a cold start in the morning it blows a decent puff of white smoke out the exhaust as i'm reversing. it only lasts for a second or two, and doesn't come back at any point in driving, or when it's been parked on a flat surface. The oil level is in the normal range, and the car drives normally. Any thoughts?
2. When cold, on part throttle, again once or twice a week, the transmission gives a real thud when changing from second to third gear. Only happens once or twice and not again each time, never happens when the car is warm. Again, i'd appreciate any thoughts.
Some light mods are planned for the future, so I'd like to make sure its mechanically sound before doing that, especially given its age and mileage, and I will get a mechanic to give it a thorough check first.
thanks
Simon
Frame007

Car: MY08 GT Spec B Auto Sedan

Re: Occasional white smoke

Postby kiwigene » Tue May 26, 2015 3:20 pm

2. is "normal" i.e. more than one of us experiences it. Change of transmission fluid might help.

1. could just be condensed water in the exhaust being blown out.
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22087

Return to 2.5T engine specific