Tuner in hobart

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Tuner in hobart

Postby Beno » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:47 am

I live in Brisbane but found a receipt from autocraft in Hobart from previous owner. Has had a ezy re flash tune from there and wondering if these guys are any good ? I get a lot of surging under wot which is annoying.. AFR IS 12.2 to 1.. Will get a tune from Matt when he is in brissy next.. What's the reason for this surging ?
Thanks
Ben
Beno

Car: 07 GT-B 6mt Obp sedan

Re: Tuner in hobart

Postby Robbks » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:43 pm

WHat's the date of the receipt.
Autocraft has changed owners from the original guys in 2013.

but are you using 98RON fuel?
Have you changed anything on the intake or exhaust?
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby Beno » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:54 pm

The receipt is dated 2011 and always run 98 ron. Haven't changed anything as yet I was thinking it could just be the tune. Would it make any difference if it was tuned to 95 and now I run 98 ? Going to do turbo inlet, maf and intake soon so will need a tune anyway but was asking as there are some average tuners out there ?
Beno

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:39 pm

EzyFlash or Ecu flash?

Had it on a dyno recently?
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Beno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:15 am

It says the ezyflash on the receipt... No I haven't waiting till you come to Brisbane so I can get it done ?
Beno

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:26 am

Beno wrote:It says the ezyflash on the receipt... No I haven't waiting till you come to Brisbane so I can get it done ?

If it says EzyFlash then it may be a LOCKED ECU unless you can find the EzyFlash unit. Pne of the Brisbane members may be able to see if they can access your ECU. I cannot bypass Chiptorques EzyFlash locks
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Beno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:53 am

Well that is shit what's the other option but another ecu and tune from there ?
Beno

Postby WIDELOAD » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:56 am

Ezyflash can be unlocked by a dealer.
Give Chiptorque a call and ask how much for them to unlock it.
WIDELOAD

Car: MY08 GT Spec B

Postby Beno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:08 am

This is the receipt ...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.8 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
Beno

Postby Beno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:11 am

Last edited by Beno on Mon May 25, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beno

Postby Beno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:23 am

So I dont have the unit.. But got onto previous owner and he is going to look for it.. Chip torque said 220 to unlock but have to buy another flash unit through them and use their tune.. They basically said if stay with their tune they are happy to help.. Bullshit I just want it unlocked so Matt can do his thing.
Beno

Postby sinno91 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:53 pm

I had the exact same problem with my GT. Was locked with EzyFlash, such a pain in the ass. I got on to the previous owner and he had the device and gave it me for free, I was very lucky hope all goes well for you. Matt's tune is absolutely amazing compared to the EzyFlash crap, before Matt's tune I had very noticeable stutter around 3000rpm which would go away after a ECU reset but return after a few 100km's. Good Luck!!
sinno91

Car: Subaru Liberty MY08 GT-B

Postby Beno » Mon May 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Thanks Sinno,
Now I was lucky enough to get the ezy flash module of the previous owner for free as well.. It was on the 95 tune. Now I have flashed it to 98 high boost tune which is about 15-16 psi.. Have just got Kobe inlet and maf hoses and bigger fuel pump. Will put all these in and hopefully get a tune of Matt soon. Will fitting the pump and hoses affect the way it runs with this tune ? I gather there won't be any gains but hope it still runs alright.. Mine is like that with this tune it has slight hesitation as it comes on full boost. Is this bad ?
Thanks Ben
Beno

Postby THE SpecB » Mon May 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Beno wrote:Thanks Sinno,
Now I was lucky enough to get the ezy flash module of the previous owner for free as well.. It was on the 95 tune. Now I have flashed it to 98 high boost tune which is about 15-16 psi.. Have just got Kobe inlet and maf hoses and bigger fuel pump. Will put all these in and hopefully get a tune of Matt soon. Will fitting the pump and hoses affect the way it runs with this tune ? I gather there won't be any gains but hope it still runs alright.. Mine is like that with this tune it has slight hesitation as it comes on full boost. Is this bad ?
Thanks Ben

Beno get a tune asap. Rid Ezy Flash and go for a tune by Matt or another reputable tuner
Newport Blueeeee
THE SpecB

Car: Newport Blue SpecB GT

Postby sinno91 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:31 am

Beno wrote:Thanks Sinno,
Thanks Ben

That's great news, as mentioned above get a proper tune sorted and you'll be more than happy with the results. I actually use the EzyFlash device to flash Matt's tunes to my ECU it works very well and makes it easy to switch between different tunes for economy or whatever I want really.
sinno91

Car: Subaru Liberty MY08 GT-B

Next

Return to 2.5T engine specific