Kinugawa turbo on post f/l gen 4

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: Kinugawa turbo on post f/l gen 4

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:49 pm

kiwigene wrote:Unless Matt has worked more magic since a couple of weeks ago, he told me the full eflex tunes are possible for the H6, but not turbo (unless you have a flex sensor I guess).
But his E85 tunes can let you run (off boost - say in [I] mode) on half a tank of P98 if you get stuck somewhere without E85.
I think you could just buy bottles of methylated spirits from a servo (or Bunnings / Go-Lo / supermarket etc) and make your own mix to get you out of trouble.

I'm running stock injectors, so yes, with some limitations, depending on other mods, you can run E85 fine.
As Matt said, E85 rated fuel pump, filter and tune is all you need to start with.

Magic has happened.

H6 has had it for ages obviously, LGT Auto has been close and had cars in beta testing for over a year. The Manual 07+ LGT, Forester 08+ XT's and 11+ STi's have had flex fuel for over 18 months. The 07+ LGT autos was the issue with its unique 06 style DBW tables and undefined extra fuel table logic. I solved it in Beta on local test car and slowly rolling it out.

Wont work with VF52 turbo on stock injectors and wont work on any car with a CAI either.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Occa_GT wrote:but how does the factory ecu sense what fuel you have in the tank?

Ford, GM, Koenisegg and a few other manufacturers have done flex tunes without a sensor.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:55 pm

shav wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:
Dutch54 wrote:Thanks Kido
Didn't know that was an option. Are there any other supporting mods needed for this?

Stock turbo, just E85 rated fuel pump, fuel filter and tune. Get a fuel pressure regulator if you want a little bit more top end

Would you recommend me to do the same thing to Eflex tune Matt? pump, fuel filter, Fuel Pressure regulator and tune?

Yes, no issues with that combo

KiDo_Tuning

Previous

Return to 2.5T engine specific