MY10 sucking fuel

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

MY10 sucking fuel

Postby Std08GTB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi all,

My mate has recently purchased a MY10 GT Lib. It's usually in intelligent mode (auto), is definitely not being flogged and is burning up to and over 13 lp/100. I used to have a Lib GTB a year or two older and it was V-Tuned (same engine) and was burning 6.5 on the open road, 8.5 around town and never more than 10. My MY11 WRX was on paper meant to burn just under 10 and rarely did it go over 8 - 8.5 even with a bit of a flogging around town.

So my questions are.... is this normal for this model and does Vinnie work somewhere where he does tuning like he did at Docklands and or can someone else do something similar without too much complexity? Additional power is not required. I got my V-Tune when the car was brand new so never really had anything to compare to, it was great from day 1.

Cheers!
Std08GTB

Re: MY10 sucking fuel

Postby 3rspecb » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:12 pm

From memory, Vin is tuning out of Got it Rex (Sunshine) these days.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Std08GTB wrote:Hi all,

My mate has recently purchased a MY10 GT Lib. It's usually in intelligent mode (auto), is definitely not being flogged and is burning up to and over 13 lp/100. I used to have a Lib GTB a year or two older and it was V-Tuned (same engine) and was burning 6.5 on the open road, 8.5 around town and never more than 10. My MY11 WRX was on paper meant to burn just under 10 and rarely did it go over 8 - 8.5 even with a bit of a flogging around town.

So my questions are.... is this normal for this model and does Vinnie work somewhere where he does tuning like he did at Docklands and or can someone else do something similar without too much complexity? Additional power is not required. I got my V-Tune when the car was brand new so never really had anything to compare to, it was great from day 1.

Cheers!

Your mate will find the issue is the TMIC to throttle hose is leaking, they only run 11psi boost so it is not obvious but it throws out long term fuel trims. 4 out of 5 GenV have the issue
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:04 pm

3rspecb wrote:From memory, Vin is tuning out of Got it Rex (Sunshine) these days.

Correct :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Std08GTB » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks gents. Investigations are not under way.

Kido, do you have a tuning shop or similar? PM me if you want.

Cheers
Std08GTB

Return to 2.5T engine specific