Boost controller - to build boost faster

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: Boost controller - to build boost faster

Postby shav » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:46 pm

cycleofabuse wrote:Zero plans at this point. My last car has pretty modified and I always thought it was a cop magnet (despite not really having much trouble with the police). So I'm considering keeping this ride pretty standard. Pretty nice to drive just the way it is. Probably not what most of you guys want to hear!

Na mate, Im not a mod head like I used to be. But little subtle improvements Im all for. Even ensuring the car is running absolutely perfectly and looking it's very best is a good thing to share.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby GT-B Spec R Pilot » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:21 am

Manaz wrote:The ECU controls boost on a Liberty. It's generally pretty good once tuned properly (it's rare to see people using third party ECUs on Liberties), though there are a few people (myself included, mine isn't fitted yet) who have opted for the Pierburg 3-port boost control solenoid (it gets driven by the ECU, but does require different tuning) for more accurate boost control (rather than faster boost).

Even with the stock tune, you should see a difference just by switching between I, S and S# modes with the SI-Drive...

+1 to the 3 port and a decent tune. I had one fitted and a revised tune loaded by Matt only a couple of weeks ago. Factory ECU, intake & turbo, 3" turbo back exhaust and we had 14.2psi at 2100 r.p.m. while road testing the tune. Although not a scientific measurement, at 2200 rpm it "feels" like its pulling the way it did at 2600 rpm before the 3 port was fitted. The difference is particularly noticable in the in-gear acceleration (on the highway overtaking as an example - most of my km's are on the highway) which happens considerably quicker now. My summation based on cost vs benefit its a no brainer.
GT-B Spec R Pilot

Car: MY09 Liberty GT-B Spec R 17/50

Postby cycleofabuse » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:09 pm

GT-B Spec R Pilot wrote:
Manaz wrote:The ECU controls boost on a Liberty. It's generally pretty good once tuned properly (it's rare to see people using third party ECUs on Liberties), though there are a few people (myself included, mine isn't fitted yet) who have opted for the Pierburg 3-port boost control solenoid (it gets driven by the ECU, but does require different tuning) for more accurate boost control (rather than faster boost).

Even with the stock tune, you should see a difference just by switching between I, S and S# modes with the SI-Drive...

+1 to the 3 port and a decent tune. I had one fitted and a revised tune loaded by Matt only a couple of weeks ago. Factory ECU, intake & turbo, 3" turbo back exhaust and we had 14.2psi at 2100 r.p.m. while road testing the tune. Although not a scientific measurement, at 2200 rpm it "feels" like its pulling the way it did at 2600 rpm before the 3 port was fitted. The difference is particularly noticable in the in-gear acceleration (on the highway overtaking as an example - most of my km's are on the highway) which happens considerably quicker now. My summation based on cost vs benefit its a no brainer.

That's a massive amount of boost for such low RPM! Perhaps the wallet needs to open again...
cycleofabuse

Car: Liberty GT-B

Postby owen » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:20 pm

I have almost 215kw at 3000rpm using a 3 port :)
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:14 pm

270kw@3200rpm with a 3 port
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans