MY10 Liberty CEL lights, dynamic stability and e-park brake

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

MY10 Liberty CEL lights, dynamic stability and e-park brake

Postby LegacyGT_SM » Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Hey all,
Just bought a MY10 liberty gt wagon 6MT
was driving to work the other day and noticed that the dynamic stability/traction control light were lit up and the hill holder function would not work with those warnings on, also the park brake can be applied but not released until you turn the car off and and then on again thus resetting whatever triggered the lights, they come on every time without fail at 6.4kms from engine start up, the traction light comes on half a second before the e-park brake light does so there's something from that triggering the second light,
I took the car to subaru for them to read the fault code on the scan console and it came up with a fault in the brake lamp switch circuit, so they changed the brake lamp switch with a new one but at 6.4kms later on the motorway after leaving subaru service the lights came on again just the same as they did before,
If anyone has come across this before and has a solution or can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Shayne
Western Sydney
LegacyGT_SM

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Premium Wagon 6MT

Re: MY10 Liberty CEL lights, dynamic stability and e-park br

Postby garthos » Mon May 19, 2014 9:30 pm

I also own a MY10 GT Wagon 6MT and have been experiencing a similar issue since swapping my OEM tail lights for custom LED ones.

At 6.0kms the traction control light comes on a fraction before the e-park brake light.

I assume it's something to do with the wiring in the LED tails that is causing this to happen as it started happening the day I swapped them over.
garthos
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21375&start=30

Postby LegacyGT_SM » Mon May 19, 2014 9:56 pm

I should have mentioned that the CEL lights came on for the first time after I installed LED brake light globes, I was suspicious of this so I put incandescent globes in and went for a drive but they came on at the same time anyway, having the led globes could have saved the fault in the system, will try resetting the system after putting normal globes back in,
Thanks for your input was hoping someone else had come across it
LegacyGT_SM

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Premium Wagon 6MT

Postby Leo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:47 pm

I also have the same problems. Until last week after do my dump pipe. See the attached photo. I recommend to guy have check out because you also loosing power and in the long run may end up blow the engine.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.12 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Leo

Car: 2010 liberty Gt

Return to 2.5T engine specific