Anyone modded MY07 or MY08 Lib STi?

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Postby Arith » Wed May 21, 2008 2:37 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say the STi mufflers and the stock mufflers are identitcal. The STi mufflers do have a bit throatier sound. And no, it's not due to the twin outlet pipes. I think instead of, say 6 chambers inside the muffler like the stock, the STi's probably have 4. Still relatively quiet but a bit more noise to it. Power gains are so miniscule (1-2kw I'd say) that it's probably not noticeable. Anyway, the STi mufflers are good for quietness, but probably not the way to go if you're wanting power gains.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby MY07GT » Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Ohwells this is not even worth justifying. Little if any difference in power. Regardless with a DP it will be louder especially on a MY07.

Just wait about another week and I'll have answer for the sound with sti cans and dp, but this particular one will have a bigger set up.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby Pete S » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:29 pm

I know it's not the same, but I just got my 07 wrx back from getting a tune. The 06 onwards 2.5's respond so well to modifications. Estimated 200-210kw at the wheels keeping it safe. 18psi low end peak and drops to 16psi up top (past 6500), 11.1 AFR. Rev limit increased to 7000. Heaps of mid range and top end it just goes harder n harder the higher it's pushed.

So there it is, would be interested in seeing how the GT's go with similar modifications. Which imo is pretty basic modifications for such power.

Mods are as follows.

td05h-20g (gt pumps gtps02)
BPM turbo back exhaust
AVO silicone inlet
Process West cold air intake
Process West splitter (to suit larger top mount)
05 sti top mount with 06 y pipe
Walbro fuel pump
Sard FPR

Pete S

Previous

Return to 2.5T engine specific