MY07 GT-B Dyno results etc.

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: MY07 GT-B Dyno results etc.

Postby Caution » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 pm

$217 AU straight from the Tactrix site to your door.
Bought one a couple of weeks ago along with a $100 netbook from Ebay... good little investment.
Caution

Car: MY08 GT-B

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Caution wrote:$217 AU straight from the Tactrix site to your door.
Bought one a couple of weeks ago along with a $100 netbook from Ebay... good little investment.

+1 to tactrix.com. We quoted you prices from 1.5 years ago -.-" oops.

These cables keep their resale value quite well
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby shav » Mon May 19, 2014 10:52 am

Any news on this issue being resolved?
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby asfletch » Mon May 19, 2014 11:33 am

Not a lot of time to spend on the car unfortunately, but I have made some progress.

alexeiwoody kindly let me use his Tactrix, and we found the tune is a bit of a mess. The AVCS table in particular seems to have an even bigger blue patch than standard, which might go some way to explaining the apparent 'lag.' Also issues with DBW and boost control. Biggest concern is that Learning View reported it's pulling 4 degrees (!) for knock at about 6000rpm. We could even hear something which sounded like pinging, so won't be revving it out again until I can manage a tune :?

I also cleaned the MAF sensor as advised by bigBADbenny, and it now idles more smoothly and a slight shudder/hesitation on very light throttle has now disappeared thankfully (glad that wasn't the auto!). No change to behaviour further up the rev range though.

Finally I discovered that the turbo is stock housing with VF30 internals, which I guess might make it spool a little later, but still believe tune is the main problem.
asfletch

Car: MY07 GT-B - Black inside and out

Postby shav » Mon May 19, 2014 12:12 pm

asfletch wrote:Not a lot of time to spend on the car unfortunately, but I have made some progress.

alexeiwoody kindly let me use his Tactrix, and we found the tune is a bit of a mess. The AVCS table in particular seems to have an even bigger blue patch than standard, which might go some way to explaining the apparent 'lag.' Also issues with DBW and boost control. Biggest concern is that Learning View reported it's pulling 4 degrees (!) for knock at about 6000rpm. We could even hear something which sounded like pinging, so won't be revving it out again until I can manage a tune :?

I also cleaned the MAF sensor as advised by bigBADbenny, and it now idles more smoothly and a slight shudder/hesitation on very light throttle has now disappeared thankfully (glad that wasn't the auto!). No change to behaviour further up the rev range though.

Finally I discovered that the turbo is stock housing with VF30 internals, which I guess might make it spool a little later, but still believe tune is the main problem.

Im glad you got the Tactrix cable and a LV done on this Adam. It's amazing what you find with tunes once you see whats going on. Sounds serious either way, and some nursing of the car is required till you get the tune looked at. Who will you get to tune the car?
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby asfletch » Mon May 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Good question shav. Local tuner using dyno would be my first choice, but I'm studying at the moment and have baby at home (not to mention $1000 in bloody rego and insurance due soon), so funds may not stretch to that. Remote tuners others have used seem like they could achieve 80-90% of same result, but I wasn't aware of how many revisions are usually required, and I can't afford to lose my licence (or detonate the motor!) doing multiple 3rd gear pulls. Bit of a quandary.
asfletch

Car: MY07 GT-B - Black inside and out

Postby shav » Mon May 19, 2014 4:20 pm

asfletch wrote:Good question shav. Local tuner using dyno would be my first choice, but I'm studying at the moment and have baby at home (not to mention $1000 in bloody rego and insurance due soon), so funds may not stretch to that. Remote tuners others have used seem like they could achieve 80-90% of same result, but I wasn't aware of how many revisions are usually required, and I can't afford to lose my licence (or detonate the motor!) doing multiple 3rd gear pulls. Bit of a quandary.

I think Matt is due in Melbourne in mid June. If I were you, I'd get on that list he has and get him to do a road tune for you.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Previous

Return to 2.5T engine specific