MY10 Liberty GT auto upgrade recommendations

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

MY10 Liberty GT auto upgrade recommendations

Postby adamzammit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:21 am

Hey guys,

Have recently bought an auto MY10 Liberty GT for my wife. What is the expected power achievable with the basics i.e. TBE, CAI and tune. Can someone give me an idea as to what kw atw are achievable. I am guessing around 180-190 atw going off it stock 195kw@engine. Also how hard is it to install the exhaust yourself. I have done minor things like radiators, turbo and intercooler myself before so I am guessing the exhaust shouldn't be that hard and would probably be worth the $400 labour for it to get installed elsewhere.

Also would like to know where to get an upgraded plumb back BOV. Would a tune be required after upgrading BOVeven whilst maintaining plumb back.

Regards,

Adam
MY10 GEN V GT LIBERTY 5EAT Xforce TBE and KIDO tune.
adamzammit

Car: 2010 Subaru Liberty GT PREMIUM

Re: MY10 Liberty GT auto upgrade recommendations

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:20 am

adamzammit wrote:Hey guys,

Have recently bought an auto MY10 Liberty GT for my wife. What is the expected power achievable with the basics i.e. TBE, CAI and tune. Can someone give me an idea as to what kw atw are achievable. I am guessing around 180-190 atw going off it stock 195kw@engine. Also how hard is it to install the exhaust yourself. I have done minor things like radiators, turbo and intercooler myself before so I am guessing the exhaust shouldn't be that hard and would probably be worth the $400 labour for it to get installed elsewhere.

Also would like to know where to get an upgraded plumb back BOV. Would a tune be required after upgrading BOVeven whilst maintaining plumb back.

Regards,

Adam

With stock exhaust they happily hit 170kw@wheels with just a tune. CAI on the low mount turbo setup is noise, keep stock air box and fit an Apexi, HKS or Cosworth panel filter for more flow.

Turbo back exhaust will yield over 200kw
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 am

I did the full TBE in my driveway, it is easy to do yourself.

Look at an upgraded TMIC instead of a CAI, then get Kido_Matt to whack it with his tuning wand.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby adamzammit » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:55 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
adamzammit wrote:Hey guys,

Regards,

Adam

With stock exhaust they happily hit 170kw@wheels with just a tune. CAI on the low mount turbo setup is noise, keep stock air box and fit an Apexi, HKS or Cosworth panel filter for more flow.

Turbo back exhaust will yield over 200kw

That sounds promising, so just wondering how i go about getting a tune done from you once i have installed the exhaust and air filter. What equipment will i need to get? etc and what are the costs associated.

Regards,

Adam
adamzammit

Postby sssyco » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 pm

How did you go with your mods? I just got the same car and was planning k&n panel filter, dump pipe/front pipe and tune. Car will be driven for work so don't want a loud exhaust hense not doing a full TBE
My10 GT wagon auto, xforce TBE, Kido tune, K&N panel filter, fully sick boot liner and cargo net, baby seat
sssyco

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby adamzammit » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Had my Xforce TBE fitted yesterday at autosport engineering. Great bloke there had it fitted for a very competitive price. Matt worked his magic afterwards with his tune and am very happy with end result. Great throttle response full boost from just over 2000rpm. Very smooth changing between gears couldn't be happier. Highly recommend autosport for their workmanship and Matt for his tuning experience.
adamzammit

Return to 2.5T engine specific