Need a new engine

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: Need a new engine

Postby Robbks » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:00 pm

how do you know the damage if it's not in pieces...?

"blown piston" meaning you've smashed the ring-land off it, scored the bore, possibly bent valves and damaged the head and valve seats
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby Deep Heat » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:02 pm

wtf is a blown piston?
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Postby dr20t » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:04 pm

nick2jz wrote:it has a blown piston but other then that all good

You don't know that for certain

You could've caused head and block damage as well as various other things if metal went through the motor from a broken piston

I would sell all ancillaries and then head and block separately for a few hundred bucks which is what it's worth
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby nick2jz » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Your right it could be more, i was just told by my mechanic what it is and just to put it up and sell it.

I dont have time to pull it apart, ill sell it as is and how it is, im not looking at making alot off it, i need it gone so all offers are welcome

Feel free to pm me
nick2jz

Car: My07 GT Spec B

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:51 pm

PM'd
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby shav » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 pm

nick2jz wrote:My liberty gt spec b 07 model needs a new motor (piston is buggered)

I live on the sunshine coast and wondering if anyone knows of any where that would sell second hand motors

Ive had a quote of $4250 to replace the motor with a second hand one with 6 months warranty or $6000 plus for a new motor

If i do get the second hand motor i will be selling my current motor for parts.

Thanks
Nick

How did it die in the first place? Was it tune related?

Just wondering....
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Newbie GT » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 pm

shav wrote:
nick2jz wrote:My liberty gt spec b 07 model needs a new motor (piston is buggered)

I live on the sunshine coast and wondering if anyone knows of any where that would sell second hand motors

Ive had a quote of $4250 to replace the motor with a second hand one with 6 months warranty or $6000 plus for a new motor

If i do get the second hand motor i will be selling my current motor for parts.

Thanks
Nick

How did it die in the first place? Was it tune related?

Already asked Shav no response as yet ..

Just wondering....
Newbie GT

Postby shav » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Newbie GT wrote:

Ok. I guess we both will be waiting for a reply. I was just curious how someone can kill a piston unless it was tune related.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 am

shav wrote:
Newbie GT wrote:

Ok. I guess we both will be waiting for a reply. I was just curious how someone can kill a piston unless it was tune related.

Not servicing the car (and not just servicing but paying attention to weird noises/behavior like vac leaks or knocking), bad fuel, faulty sensor. Add some high revs and hot weather to an already existing problem and.... :shock:

And more appropriately for the situation - running mods without a tune, or having a bad tune.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby shav » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:40 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:
shav wrote:
Newbie GT wrote:

Not servicing the car (and not just servicing but paying attention to weird noises/behavior like vac leaks or knocking), bad fuel, faulty sensor. Add some high revs and hot weather to an already existing problem and.... :shock:

And more appropriately for the situation - running mods without a tune, or having a bad tune.

yeah I believe it. Makes me wanna recheck my car to ensure there is no issues I dont know about.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Based on Nick's intro thread;

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23632&p=340647#p340647

He's had an Ezyflash Pro installed by Chiptorque following a TBE install. Most likely by the previous owner.

He's then installed an intake and felt the need to return it to the original factory tune for whatever reason or advice received.

Seems he's also selling the Ezyflash Pro.

Either way it seems from first impressions that he's blown his engine due to the above actions. Bad advice maybe...
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby tom_kauf » Wed May 14, 2014 3:11 pm

bass_straitener wrote:He's had an Ezyflash Pro installed by Chiptorque following a TBE install.
Seems he's also selling the Ezyflash Pro....

I was in the process of buying his EzyFlash, but Chiptorque never got back to me when I asked if they could supply a tune for my Manual GTSpecB (Nick's is Auto iirc). Since then I've heard about some not so favourable reviews on them. Very happy with KiDo (Matt's) tune now though. :D
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Previous

Return to 2.5T engine specific