Power mods advice

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Re: Power mods advice

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm

jslayz wrote:
rada0469 wrote:Sean as far as I know E85 isnt a realistic option here in Perth :(

sadly true at present.

One day you guys will have it...

In the meantime you should move to the east coast :D
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:

Four E85 servos in Perth region so far
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby jslayz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
alexeiwoody wrote:

So one per 350,000 people......not quite enough!! :D :D
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby rada0469 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:19 am

I do 500kms a week and I can't say I ever remember seeing a servo with E85. Weird that we have so many cars, so much land to cover but we are slow to get E85. Probably the same reason environmentally friendly LPG is now nearly 90c a litre?
rada0469

Car: 07GT

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:42 am

Yep the oil companies are milking us well...

"So wait....we went overseas to invade the middle east, and take control of the oil, but then the price of gas still rose? What...."
alexeiwoody

Postby senator » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 am

alexeiwoody wrote:Yep the oil companies are milking us well...

"So wait....we went overseas to invade the middle east, and take control of the oil, but then the price of gas still rose? What...."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Invaded the Middle east????…… we wasted millions only to hand power over to the care takers, who will in a few year time be identified as terrorists and sage will begin again.

There might be a pricing war shortly as the Saudi’s try to be competitive with Iran now that the trading embargo has been lifted...................But don’t hold your breath
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:19 am

senator wrote:
alexeiwoody wrote:Yep the oil companies are milking us well...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Invaded the Middle east????…… we wasted millions only to hand power over to the care takers, who will in a few year time be identified as terrorists and sage will begin again.

There might be a pricing war shortly as the Saudi’s try to be competitive with Iran now that the trading embargo has been lifted...................But don’t hold your breath

Haha it's a quote from some comedian

They haven't exactly wasted millions, they had to lower the production of oil in iraq....Iraqi oil production is not even half of what it was before 1991... as far as the rising price of oil - it is the reason the US dollar has remained relatively stable...so they achieved what they set out to do. Unfortunately that means rising prices for us, from now on and (forever?) until who knows when :alcoholic: :cry: :twisted:
alexeiwoody

Postby Sean82 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:31 pm

jslayz wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:
alexeiwoody wrote:

It's about the same in Brisbane too :(

The north side has only got one, there are about 400,000 that live up there.

I made the effort for a while to travel 20km to get it. If you're after power...bloody hell it's definitely worth it! :twisted:
Current: MY04 LGT 5EAT Wagon
Previous: MY11 Forester S-Edition VF52|ID1000s|Stuff|E85|12.9s @ 106
Sean82

Car: MY04 GT with JDM GRB EJ207 swap

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:57 pm

jslayz wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:
alexeiwoody wrote:

Based on the number of people using it and the fact the tanks never run dry before the weekly deliveries.
Considering Sh1tney has only slightly more E85 outlets it is much more popular per capita. Perth is just slow on the uptake
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby GT-B Spec R Pilot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Let's step back and think for a minute....
There are no Australian refineries in operation nowadays. Kernel was the last to shut down from memory and all our petroleum fuels (& oils for that matter) come from Singapore. Fuel & Oil is traded in $US, the ships that transport it are chartered in $US.
The $A has been high against the $A for roughly 5 years now which is about when GFC hit. The mining boom is the only thing keeping the $A up and that's driven largely by Chinese demand. The Chinese economy has grown at 10% p.a. or more for years fueled by borrowing which is unsustainable.
Liberty Petroleum bought out the bio fuel production facility in Central Qld. Their supply costs are all in A$ & not effected by currency fluctuations but their distribution network is not as prolific as their oil major competitors.
So, considering all the above if the Chinese economy slows (or when it slows as many economists forecast) the $A falls, the oil majors costs rise & with it the price of regular hydrocarbon fuels (& oils) but the production costs of locally produced Ethanol based biofuels remains static leading to a greater profit margin (& in theory at least) more outlets as the business expands.
The conclusion then is that as the $A falls the cost differential between regular hydrocarbon fuels and locally produced biofuels increases. As the differential gets greater the demand for biofuels will increase (as it did when LPG was first introduced - for those old enough to remember) and with that will come greater availability.
If the biofuel industry invested in a clever advertising campaign timed well this whole process would accelerate.

Just my 2c worth...sorry for the long post...
GT-B Spec R Pilot

Car: MY09 Liberty GT-B Spec R 17/50

Postby dr20t » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Can't wait for the dollar to hit 50 cents then ;)
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby GT-B Spec R Pilot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:58 pm

dr20t wrote:Can't wait for the dollar to hit 50 cents then ;)

Shit yeah, you and me both!!!! Australia might actually start to manufacture stuff again then... Realistically I think 80 to 85 is a realistic range in the medium term though and stability in the Middle East will see OPEC lift production to stabilise the price in any case. After all the economy in many OPEC countries relies on oil exports too.
The biggest risk (in my non economist view) is the current federal government and the obsession with a budget surplus. Increasing tax on biofuel as the price differential increases would be an easy way to raise tax $$$ which already accounts for over 1/3 of the pump price.
GT-B Spec R Pilot

Car: MY09 Liberty GT-B Spec R 17/50

Postby gen3v8 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:21 pm

GT-B Spec R Pilot wrote:
dr20t wrote:Can't wait for the dollar to hit 50 cents then ;)

Shit yeah, you and me both!!!! Australia might actually start to manufacture stuff again then... Realistically I think 80 to 85 is a realistic range in the medium term though and stability in the Middle East will see OPEC lift production to stabilise the price in any case. After all the economy in many OPEC countries relies on oil exports too.
The biggest risk (in my non economist view) is the current federal government and the obsession with a budget surplus. Increasing tax on biofuel as the price differential increases would be an easy way to raise tax $$$ which already accounts for over 1/3 of the pump price.

So parts will be expensive to import, because of the $ and the chance of import taxes. Fuel will be expensive!!!
Shit yeah can`t effin wait :bad:
Just an old V8 fart that has seen the LIGHT
gen3v8

Car: MY09GT SPECB WAGON GEN IV 6mt

Postby vroy2007 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:51 pm

vroy2007 wrote:So just got my gt spec b tunes by ASG in perth. 170kw @15 psi boost. 328NM of torque (Air temp : 35deg)
Big difference over standard.
Mods:
TBE (invidia DP + Hitech CBE)
Cobb intake
perrin turbo inlet
avo intercooler
turbosmart BOV
grimmspeed EBCS.

Tuner said he didnt want to push the turbo to 17psi. i thought the stock v46 could easily push 17psi efficiently?

Either way very happy with the reult.
Hit max boost at 3000rpm, car is much more driveable and responsive. And i love the turbo spool sound now!

Next upgrade : Blouch 440XT turbo.... What do you think?

So having driven the car for 2 weeks, i feel i want to try and get to 200kw.
I have an OBD monitor that digitally shows boost in second gear hitting a peak of 18psi and in3rd gear its hitting approx 16.5psi, not sure how accurate this is compared to a mechanical gauge?
Seems like vf 52 is the way to go to try an ahcieve the 200kw mark?
Will tuning it with Kido get me more power? its got a verso tune at the moment, just wondering how easy it is to swap between the verso and kido and vice versa?

dont want to go e85 becuase of the limited availability of e85 in Perth.

Just another question: my invidia downpipe sounds a bit raspy at 1500rpm on a cold start, sounds seems to be coming from underneath driver side door, is this normal?
vroy2007

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty Gt Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25261

Postby shav » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:44 am

vroy2007 wrote:
vroy2007 wrote:So just got my gt spec b tunes by ASG in perth. 170kw @15 psi boost. 328NM of torque (Air temp : 35deg)
Big difference over standard.
Mods:
TBE (invidia DP + Hitech CBE)
Cobb intake
perrin turbo inlet
avo intercooler
turbosmart BOV
grimmspeed EBCS.

Tuner said he didnt want to push the turbo to 17psi. i thought the stock v46 could easily push 17psi efficiently?

Either way very happy with the reult.
Hit max boost at 3000rpm, car is much more driveable and responsive. And i love the turbo spool sound now!

Next upgrade : Blouch 440XT turbo.... What do you think?

So having driven the car for 2 weeks, i feel i want to try and get to 200kw.
I have an OBD monitor that digitally shows boost in second gear hitting a peak of 18psi and in3rd gear its hitting approx 16.5psi, not sure how accurate this is compared to a mechanical gauge?
Seems like vf 52 is the way to go to try an ahcieve the 200kw mark?
Will tuning it with Kido get me more power? its got a verso tune at the moment, just wondering how easy it is to swap between the verso and kido and vice versa?

dont want to go e85 becuase of the limited availability of e85 in Perth.

Just another question: my invidia downpipe sounds a bit raspy at 1500rpm on a cold start, sounds seems to be coming from underneath driver side door, is this normal?

As a guess the DP sound is normal, bit like a set of extractors would on a n/a car.

As for the tune, I reckon you will be pleasantly surprised at what Matt (KiDo) is able to do for you in terms of tuning.

From what I have read also, the VF52 is a good upgrade to go to without forking out big $$$ and if you are looking for a better than stock turbo increase.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

PreviousNext

Return to 2.5T engine specific