MY08 LGTB - Still Waiting :(

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

MY08 LGTB - Still Waiting :(

Postby vyper » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:07 am

Ordered my new beast back in August..... still waiting.... NOT FAIR...... :cry:

hahhahaha all good things come to those that wait.... Ready got a few things planned but am just throwing it out there to see a a response?? Has anyone worked with AVO on their tuning?? They have quoted me $995 for the initial tune (reflash....not piggy back) and then subsequent tunes at cost of Dyno time only.

This is a very good price, but has anyone seen/dealt with them for a Liberty before. AVO have an awesome rep in general (from my experience) but i am always hesitant when it comes to my own car!!!! :)

I am looking at a full turbo back + tune as stage 1. Then going for a turbo and maybe headers for stage 2.......

I currently have a 05 LGT and have done other mods....but to me personally, a TMIC doesn't make a huge difference in 99.9% of my driving....I am just not on Boost long enough.... will be going too fast (even for me) before the factory TMIC to be an issue.... and i have an Apexi CAI at the moment.... not sure if i want to go that path again....too much sound.... i know....sound like an old fart....but I like the Liberty for the understated looks and class it has....
vyper

Postby coyote » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:05 am

How are AVO doing an ecu flash?

Cobb?

How do they treat the SI Drive?

The price is right, but you need to ask some more questions.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby vyper » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:17 am

have asked....waiting on feedback...they mentioned they need to look at my ROM first.... will talk to them more when i get the car and am ready to go forward.....after my first service..... :D :D

But i agree.....price is very right!!! Will keep you all in the loop of my responses...!!!!
vyper

Re: MY08 LGTB - Still Waiting :(

Postby WhiteGTB » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:24 pm

vyper wrote:I currently have a 05 LGT and have done other mods....but to me personally, a TMIC doesn't make a huge difference in 99.9% of my driving....I am just not on Boost long enough.... will be going too fast (even for me) before the factory TMIC to be an issue.... and i have an Apexi CAI at the moment.... not sure if i want to go that path again....too much sound.... i know....sound like an old fart....but I like the Liberty for the understated looks and class it has....

Hi Vyper, you mentioned you currently have the 05 GT? what mods have you done to it.. I am abit curious as I have the 04 GT... I think pretty much the same.

You said the TMIC is not that effective for your driving, does that mean you have a larger one at the moment? if so which one? Reason I ask is cause I am looking at getting a larger TMIC.... :)

Yeah I have the Apexi CAi too and I know what you mean :)
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Return to 2.5T engine specific